“Bro sports bar with good value”
Review of Joe's Bar & Grill

Joe's Bar & Grill
Ranked #41 of 70 Restaurants in South Haven
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
London, United Kingdom
“Bro sports bar with good value”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Came with friends in a big group for drinks.
Garage-style decor with jukebox, pool table etc. lots of widescreen TVs for sports coverage.

Volume is high, difficult to hear casual conversation.
Popular with locals and bros.
Server was nice, but not very attentive.

Drinks were strong and cheap though!

• Visited January 2014

Ohio
“Nice roof bar”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

They have a very nice roof bar with TV's. Very nice to sit and what a game or enjoy the nice weather while you relax and have a drink.

Did not try the food. On the roof, it appeared to be a very small bar food menu (wings, o-rings, fries, etc.). Smelled good though.

Visited August 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Our group was treated terribly by "owner" Fran...”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Our group of 5 has been to Joe's many, many times and always had good food and service. Last night our server (who did a Wonderful job on a busy game night) said she had to have the manager ring up my bill as I happen to have a gift card from restaurant.com. Turned out the manager refused it as my bill was $21. and some change, which was shy of the $22.00 minimum spend. I asked to speak to the manager, to which our server replied "I'll get her. I'd like to see how this goes...." The woman who came over said she was "Fran the owner." She repeated what the server relayed to us and when I asked to have two of our bills combined so we could use the certificate she rudely replied that they "didn't have time to re-ring bills." At that point we were shocked and asked how she can participate in restaurant.com and not honor the certificates. Her response was for us to "read the fine print." We then told Fran that we are frequent customers of Joe's and also had another table in our group there last night (of 10!), and didn't appreciate the treatment. Fran told us "it doesn't matter, we have plenty of business!." Wow! We will NEVER visit Joe's again!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank m9711
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, kind of dirty...”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We love Joe's food and they have a cool rooftop, but it is pretty dirty. Our salt shaker was sticky, waitress had food all over her apron, and it smelled like garbage. If they would clean things up, it was be an awesome place!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sportk12
Michigan
“Not enough servers”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have ate here before and had an average to good experience. My son and I ate there recently on a Saturday night at 6pm. 2 servers were working the outside patio that had 13 tables. Busy as you'd expect for a Saturday evening in August. The servers couldn't keep up. We waited to order, then waited 40 minutes for food (Kraft mac n' cheese and a sandwich). I had to get napkins for us. Ketchup bottle on table had a crack in bottom, so it wouldn't squirt out. Other patrons were getting frustrated. I saw a couple who waited 20 minutes, they found their own menu's, after waiting some more they decided to leave. The waitresses were working hard. They simply couldn't keep up. Hopefully this isn't a normal staffing level. It is not fair to the servers or patrons. I wouldn't hesitate to go back, but if busy I will assess the situation before sitting down.

• Visited August 2013