“Best Mexican I've had in a long time”

Su Casa Restaurante
Ranked #16 of 71 Restaurants in South Haven
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

What a great meal. Authentic, flavorful and the right amount of heat. I had the enchiladas Suiza and my son had a spicy shrimp dish (don't remember the name) - all excellent. Large veggie menu too and a decent kids menu.

Could improve the dessert selections. The Margarita was disappointing. Had the top shelf golden Margarita on the rocks, but they didn't chill the Margarita - so ended up with a watery Margarita before I could finish my meal.

Despite - will definitely come back!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had been there so many times... good food, friendly staff, everything wonderful... sometimes we didn't understand why some people complained - obviously they had no patience or were from big cities! We love everyone at Su Casa!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I had the chorizo burritto it was so so. It was a carry out order so I can't attest to wait staff. I requested the chicken burrito but was advised they were out of shredded chicken.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I would not be going back to this place ever! My wife and I showed up and put our name on the wait list on a Wednesday night. We were told there was a 15 min wait. We gave up after 35 minutes. Larger parties would show up and they would seat them rather than seat a party if two. Clearly, their goal was to make more money!!

1  Thank Nagh239
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

They have call-ahead seating, which is nice. Host was very friendly and nice. We were told a 45 min wait for party of 4 on a Friday evening around 7:30 (prime time). We were willing to wait the 45 min, but it only took about 20. The salsa, chips and guacamole were excellent. The drinks were also great. Our party tried the traditional margarita on the rocks and the hibiscus margarita on the rocks. Loved both. The entrees were good. Food was fresh, which was nice. Value was decent. It was lacking in flavor, though. I speak fluent Spanish and have a lot of experience with Mexican and Guatemalan food (and Spanish/Mediterranean food). Authentic Mexican food is a little more bland than we are used to in the US, so this was pretty typical I would say... I just wish it had been a little more Americanized with a bit more flavor... The other thing I didn't like was that they charge for extra chips and salsa... And extra anything... Lettuce, sour cream, etc. it's $1.50 for a side of sour cream! $2.00 for an extra basket of chips... I understand a charge for sides, but the chips and salsa should be free. Come on! And I can buy an entire 16oz container of sour cream for $2.50!
Also- they have a nice outdoor dining area. :)