“Waffle cones the size of a small car”

Sherman's Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in South Haven
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: A traditional counter service ice cream shop serving all the ice cream delights from cones to sundaes, shakes, and our famous Pig's Dinner. In the peak season we serve over 50 different flavors. Our shop is open March through October. If you are in the South Haven, MI area please stop by and try our delicious ice cream.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Waffle cones the size of a small car”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I've never not finished an ice cream cone before. Granted, I just finished a big meal in town, but I was confident I could tackle the double scoop waffle cone. I was wrong. It was delicious, but enormous. I gave it my best shot. I guess I finished about 3/4 of it. I can't wait to return and try again.

• Visited October 2013

CHICAGO
“Generous Servings”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Walked into Sherman's on the recommendation of family. I ordered the Grasshopper in a waffle cone which was delicious! Decided on sharing 1 cone after seeing the final serving size!

• Visited October 2013
Chicago
“Incredible ice cream -- too much of it!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Sherman's ice cream is the best around. The small portion is plenty for two people, so don't be overwhelmed by the price. Chicagoans -- make this a stop on the way back from your Michigan vacations!

• Visited August 2013
San Mateo, California
“Best ice cream anywhere?”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I think Sherman's has the best ice cream anywhere (and yes, that includes Italy and Paris). The flavors are so true to nature that the blueberry tastes just like blueberries, cream and sugar. I am partial to the peanut butter cup ice cream, and my mom loves caramel, caramel, caramel. We hail from northern CA, so we think the price is CHEAP. Be warned: their version of a "single" is more like a Baskin Robin's double plus.

• Visited August 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“High prices, but generous portions”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We actually went twice in one day! The ice cream costs a little more than we'd like to pay from a homemade location, but the portions are very generous! A waffle-cone could easily be shared by two adults. Also note we tried the chocolate chip cookie bowl. It was good but not great. We deemed it "not worth the $1".

Visited September 2013