“Executive suite quite good”

Holiday Inn Express South Haven
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Reviewed 15 August 2014

At the last minute, I was able to get a really good deal with points. The executive king-size bed suite is quite spacious and comfortable, with a small sitting room, microwave, and fridge. I liked the room, but the breakfast was much more limited than I have seen in other Holiday Inn Express hotels. No healthy choices.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear ChicagoHjohn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am pleased with your positive comments regarding our executive suites. It is disheartening though that breakfast served fell below your expectations. Your feedback has been taken into serious account and I am confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Faith R

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express South Haven

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I do have to agree the beds were tired looking, needed updating but still comfortable. Over all the hotel stay was was very relaxing and the staff was excellent! The staff made sure everyone were comfortable and even called me in my room to check if I needed anything else! Which I thought was pretty impressive. VIP treatment all the way! Felt pampered somewhat!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

3 families joined up for a 3 day weekend to South Haven. The hotel was clean, updated and made our trip a success! We had a suite, which worked well for our 9 y/o daughter. The kids had a movie night in her room, with complimentary microwave popcorn. The A/C was quiet and easy to control temp. Beds and pillows were comfy, nice granite kitchenette and bathroom. Room was cleam and breakfast was good (loved the pancake maker and turkey sausage). Nice pool and workout room, kids had lots of fun. 5 min drive from South Beach and town/marina. 5 min walk to Sherman's Dairy Bar. Will be there again next summer! Good value for the Lake Michigan beach area.

Room Tip: Families should opt for a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed here a few times before and this property is starting to show its age. It is getting resort type prices for an average HIE..But overall, it is what you would expect to get when you stay at this type of hotel.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Several large potholes in the parking lot at the only entrance and around the building where everyone has to drive should have clued me in to the experience I would have. Desk clerks and maids were amazing, but this hotel is lacking support for their staff. Our mattresses were too soft and had permanent grooves where people had slept-my back ached from sleeping on them. When I asked about a room change, and the hotel was full, I was reimbursed due to the poor condition of the mattresses. I really appreciated that. Breakfast was decent and restocked. Our room was not cleaned by 4:00 when we wanted to nap before dinner so we just changed out our towels. Why don't they have enough maids to finish earlier than that? Our TV remote changed the volume on the TV when changing the channels-obviously something wrong there. When I couldn't sleep, I noticed that the TV screen was lighting up a few seconds when the refrigerator cycled on, and the outlet into which the refrigerator was plugged did not work all the time. The refrigerator sometimes turned off right away like it was pulling too much electricity. There is an obvious wiring problem, and I found that scary. I won't stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Elevator is very noisy.
1  Thank momzanurs
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear momzanurs,

Thank you so much for the feedback provided from your stay. It is good to know that after some initial issues you had with the room amenities, this was rectified. However, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced due to the mattress condition and housekeeping service. We appreciate you taking the time to provide critical feedback which we use to help us improve our services for you and all our future guests.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I do hope you will give us another try.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We are currently staying here for a few days while we travel back home from Canada. It is not far from the beaches, it is clean and the staff is friendly. It is a good value for the price, plus it has a complementary hot breakfast that has something for everybody. No complaints, and I would stay here again.

2  Thank Dsteward
Reviewed 5 July 2014

An OK hotel. It seemed clean enough and that's my number one priority so no complaints there.
I don't mean to nitpick but c'mon front desk staff, do something about your clothes!
All of them wore the same polo type shirt that seemed to be uni-sex shirts and therefore 2 sizes too large with the shoulder seams that hung part way down their upper arms. One girl had what appeared to be sweat pants (or something similarly made) that were pushed up to her knees, with gym shoes. Very, very unprofessional looking for front desk staff which sort of turned me off from the get go.
Other than that, the hotel is in a somewhat convenient location to downtown South Haven, has a very nice pool area, treadmills, wi-fi that is pretty much useless and a free continental breakfast that is pretty decent.
Over all, I would probably stay there again if I am ever back in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear darkeyes,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding our hotel. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our location, pool facility and breakfast served. It is regrettable that the WiFi provided and the appearance of our staff fell below your standards. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will be used for our improvement.

I hope that you give us another chance to provide you with a more satisfying stay in the future.

Faith R

The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Best Western Plaza Hotel Saugatuck

Been to Holiday Inn Express South Haven? Share your experiences!