“Birthday dinner for my wife.”
Review of Taste

Taste
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in South Haven
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The whole family went out to eat here. We didn't have a single bad thing to eat here. The food was amazing!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I enjoyed sharing and sampling the little plates offered here. The popcorn kale was crispy and delicious. We also enjoyed the crab napolean (creamy!), cuban shrimp (saffron sauce!!), and the cuban sandwich. Making me hungry just thinking about it. Oh, and the cucumber martini was awesome!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I ate at this restaurant in the quaint Lake Michigan seashore town of South Haven one year ago on our last visit to South Haven (see my first review in August, 2013). The restaurant was relatively new at that time. I note this year that TripAdvisors reviewers have since rated this as one of the top restaurants in town. Our second visit fully endorses such a view. The wine selections are quite good and surprisingly reasonably priced. Each item we ordered this time was delicious, including a tomato parmesan bisque, a very innovative house salad, chicken skewers, and tilapia tacos. Our waiter, Kevin, was both helpful and professional. The "small plates" are quite adequate in serving size, and for those especially hungry, I would urge considering purchasing more than one "small plate" for each dinner or alternatively sharing plates. Reservations are not accepted, and the restaurant was nicely busy on a summer Tuesday evening. Pricing for all menu items is very reasonable. This restaurant is not to be missed.

1  Thank LouBobHarborSprings
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We didn't have a reservation but we were seated within 15 minutes on a very busy Friday night. I had the sweet and spicy shrimp - very good. The potato tacos - don't bother. Overall, good meal.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We've been working out way through all of the small plates and they do not disappoint. Everything from sushi to tilapia tacos to the mac & cheese - it's all very good. We get a bottle of wine and 3 small plates with a dessert (they are amazing too) - and it's just right. Would not recommend it for families. The menu is designed for adults.