“My Dog and I Liked it”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
New York City, New York
“My Dog and I Liked it”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I felt soooo relaxed after staying at this hotel.

I needed to get out of the city for some relaxation and this place totally suited my needs. It's a short drive to the downtown South Haven walking area, which has a great beach and beautiful sunset.

I was able to walk my dog outside the hotel and there was a nice field nearby where he could romp off leash a bit after being in the car all day.

Hot breakfast was quite nice.

Bed was soooo comfy and nicely appointed.

Spacious room.

Walls are thin so I could hear the conversation next door as I was going to sleep, but they quieted down quickly. This doesn't seem like the kind of place where people party until all hours of the night.

The only downside is that they charge $25 extra PER NIGHT for my dog, which is kind of crazy considering my dog is more quiet and tidy than most humans. :-)

At least this cost is offset by the lower than average cost of a suite this size.

Btw, you get a nice size fridge and microwave. My room also had a couch that probably opens into a bed. I didn't check.

Nice hospitality at the front desk, too.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 March 2012

we were exausted & checked in by 5:45 pm & my husband ran 2 the store 2 pick up some things. i sent our 2 older boys swimming but they came back complaining the pool was dirty. my boys arent picky, they swim in lakes for petes sake. they said it looked like fish food all in it. i never looked myself but i trust what they said knowing my boys it must have been bad. the room itself wasnt clean but i was 2 tired 2 complain till i got a call from home stating my brother was in the hospital due 2 a wreck. as soon as my husband returned we went 2 check out & they would not refund us or even prorate our stay. we were only there for 2 hrs. are u kidding me. then they took an hour 2 check us out. i almost broke down crying. we still had 6 hrs 2 drive 2 make it home 2 my brother!!!! managment said we stayd long enough 2 charge us. we never got 2 use the showers or watch tv (takn care of cranky baby) so basically we paid 100 bucks 2 sit in their room for 2 hrs!!!!!
so then i called their main 1 800 number 2 complain & the woman got nasty with me when i was telling her i felt like we were robbed. she said lots of people lie 2 get out of their hotel rooms. i asked her if she was seriously calling me a liar & even if someone did lie they must have been desperate to get the hell outa that hotel room so let them go & refund them all or a reasonable prorated amount!!!!!!! we would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: pass this one up!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these South Haven hotels

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My stayed here for one week. Everything was very good. Room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very helpful. Breakfast in the morning was good. the have a fruit, pastries, waffles, cereal, juices, sausage, eggs, coffee, every thing was very good. we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I Recently stayed at the comfort suites The staff is very friendly and helpful. the room was nice and big. the breakfast they had for us in the mornings. was awesome. I will stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here last minute after arranging to meet friends in South haven for dinner. We routinely book the Choice Hotels because we always find them to be very adequate and not pricey. We got this room for around $70 w/ tax - guess February is a slow month for them. Although the breakfast was good, I would urge them to extend their breakfast time for Saturday morning. They close at 9am - and it did not give us time to walk to Lake Michigan before breakfast (about 2 miles away).
The room was very comfortable, nice big TV, good bedding, clean. We never use indoor pools at hotels, so I have no comment on that. The exercise room was tiny tiny with machines jammed in.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We spent our first weekend in South Haven. We booked a king jacuzzi room. The room was very clean, staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great. My only complaint was we were not happy with the location of the juacuzzi...it was in its own room, no door seperator, no decor...very plain and uninviting, I would not spend the extra money on that room type.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We checked into this hotel for a weekend retreat in South Haven! This place was perfect! It's a short drive to downtown south haven and near major shopping which made it convenient for the things we forgot. Hot breakfast was a plus....room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. I'll be staying here again when we return to south haven.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph

Been to Comfort Suites South Haven? Share your experiences!