“Decent rooms, good service, great location”

Comfort Suites South Haven
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice this summer. The rooms are clean and sanitary. It was nice to get a call from the front desk a few minutes after I checked into my room to make sure everything was clean and up to my standard in the room. It is a comfort Inn so although everything is not updated & contemporary like for example Fairfield Inn at el., they do take pride in keeping what they have; traditionally furnished rooms.
Front desk staff was friendly. Breakfast was decent and got my day started early. I'd stay here again just not for 220 a night. It just seems a bit overpriced even if it is their peak season.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank k0mahome
Christina B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Hello, Thank You for sending us a kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

This place is way over priced! For over $200.00 per night we were checked in to a room with bed bugs. The owner denied that's what the blood filled bug on the bed was, but did move our room. No discounts were given. The new room was clean but had holes in the sheets. This place should provide more than bed bugs for the high price charged. We were very disappointed and will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank daholla

Hello. I are so very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay will us. If you would like to dicuss this further please give me a call. I would like to invite you to come back and see how we are doing. If you would like to make a future reservation please give me a call..

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Clean hotel..great wifi. This hotel is very nice and would stay again if I am in this area. But it did have a few annoying issues which didn't allow me to give this a higher rating.
The beds were great..the extra pillows were a plus!

1st issue was a simple why couldn't I completely close the curtains? Not only were the lights from the building next to my room shining in..but it was the first floor and being unable to shut them let us feeling very uncomfortable.

2nd issue. The 4:30 a.m. wake up call. Thanks to the trash being picked up next door. Talk about loud. So if you stay on a Monday...beware.

3rd issue...good thing we were up at 7..because at 7:15 a.m. someone let the dogs out..Two dogs began howling and barking..sometimes in unison...must of the time just to hear each other bark.

I am all for allowing dogs while traveling...but that was a bit ridiculous.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MichiganGizmo

Hello, We want to thank you for sending us a kind review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay 100% with us. On your next vist to Comfort Suites we will be glad to help you out with the curtain issue. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stayed about 2 weeks ago, arrived kinda late. Easy check in. Stayed in room 312. Double queen bed, very comfortable. And a sleeper sofa, added plus if needed. Microwave, fridge and in room safe. Bathroom had a deep tub, sorta like a soaker, I'll take that hands down. The downside, the channels looked like I had rabbit ears. And the elevator button didn't work past the 2nd floor. And fyi, get more than one waffle maker. And breakfast ends at 9:00 am, now that's rise and shine. Overall, it's a good stay, and cheaper than the over priced Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ThePersianEmpire

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We would like to invite you to come see how we are doing. If you would like to make a future reservation please give us a call.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here for one night in May, on a short get-away to go to the beaches on the lake. This hotel is in a busy area, with views of parking lots, and roads. It was ok for a stop through the area, but not a place we are likely to revisit. The employees were helpful, and as friendly as we have come to expect in this area. (Maybe it is just me, but after a day on the road, I like to see a smile when you enter to check in. Lots of Choice Hotels "get" this. Most in MI do not.) We have stayed in many Comfort Suites across our country, and this is one of the lower end styles we have seen. For the same price we have had suites twice the size in many places. I guess it is a good value for the area. It is confusing to get into this parking lot, so may want to use your GPS.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Seniorcoupleluvtogo
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We ended up with the handicap suite, it was clean and roomy. Average complimentary breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Good location for the gingerman Raceway venue. Parking lot was on the side and a bit confusing to get to.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zuwm
Reviewed 14 April 2013

If you stay in Comfort Suites on a regular basis this is what you would expect. It is nice, clean with the amenities you would expect. It is not a brand new property but they have kept it up pretty good. The price is better than what you would pay at some of the other properties that are not any nicer. I would recommend staying here if you are visiting South Haven and want a clean comfortable room at a good price

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph

Been to Comfort Suites South Haven? Share your experiences!