“Great stay”

Comfort Suites South Haven
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The atmosphere was so relaxing. The staff was so helpful and the rooms were big and clean. There was five of us and we didnt feel crowded and the kids really enjoyed the pool. The breakfest was great to. They had blueberry waffles, sausage, eggs, donuts, cereal and more. It was one of the best hotels ive been at in a while.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Christina B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hello Mike, Thank You for taking the time to send us a kind review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Comfort Suites. We hope to see you and your family in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have NEVER stayed in a Choice Hotel in this condition.There was dirt in the bathroom corners, and the bathtub. The toilet paper roll holder fell off the wall the first time I used it. Dust all around the carpet edge. Refrigerator wouldn't get cold, alarm clock button didn't work. At breakfast the waffle iron wasn't hot and the buzzer was broke on it, and I was told I would need to watch until the red light blinked. The eggs and sausage were cold. They apparetly forgot to turn it on. I spoke to management and all I got was an apology and $15.00 taken off my bill. I thought Choice Hotels had higher standards, but this proves to me that not all their hotels are held to a minimum standard. I am very disappointed. This hotel started out my vacation on a sour note.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cindy C

Hello Cindy, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Comfort Suites. We would like to invite you to come back and see how we are doing now. Please give us a call if you would like to set up a future reservation.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Last minute trip on a fall weekend, room was clean, hotel was fine, missed breakfast but eating area seemed fine. Coffee machine a little touchy. Staff a little aloof, but considerate. Could use a little tlc, but fine for an overnight stay and close to great ice cream

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello, Thank You for taking the time to send us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Comfort Suites, but sorry that you did not enjoy your stay 100%. We would like to invite you to come back and see how we are doing now. If you would like to make a future reservation please give us a call.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I enjoyed staying in this hotel several times a few years back, but this time was a disappointment. The room was not very clean (dirt along the edges of the room and in the corner of the bathroom counter) and the linens and mattress were stained and worn. I did get a call to ask if everything was okay, but when I said the room was not very clean, there was no offer to do anything about it, or even an apology. The room seemed much shabbier than the usual Comfort Suites standard, with frayed carpet and stained curtains missing one of the pulls. The room had a musty smell, and it seemed like this room, at least, needed a makeover. On the positive side, the bathtub was nice, with plenty of hot water, and the breakfast was good. The morning staff were nice and helpful when we changed our reservation from two nights to one.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Nancy, Thank You for taking the time to send us a review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us 100%. We would like to invite you to come and stay with us again, and see how we are doing now. If you would like to make a future reservation please give us a call.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I use the Comfort family alot. Prefer them because of the breakfast and the hospitality. I must say this time was no exception. I called for a reservation, because if you don't know, calling and actually talking to the staff, can sometimes get you a better rate than their website and other travel companies. Mentioned it was my anniversary, the lady was so nice. Got us a hot tube suit. We ran into car problems, called the hotel and they did whatever they could to help. Arrived at the hotel and the staff were so nice and wished us a happy anniversary. Only stayed one night, but they gave us a late checkout. Breakfast was better than usual. Usually just a continental breakfast, but this one had eggs and sausage as well. Eggs were a little over cooked from the warmer, but nothing worth giving a bad review or being picky about. Overall stay was great. Will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Hello, Thank You for taking the time to send us a kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Comfort Suited. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have vacationed in South Haven numerous times, but this was our first stay at the Comfort Suites. It was pretty close to perfect! We were greeted warmly and when in our suite for a short time, received a call from the front desk to ask if everything was okay. For our stay, we chose a hot-tub suite. The room was spacious and had a desk with chair, a table with two more chairs, a sofabed with another table, flatscreen TV, microwave and refrigerator. Wi-fi worked perfectly. We did have a slight problem with the refrigerator and the problem was resolved in a timely manner. The hot tub was located in a separate room within the suite. The room, hot tub room and bathroom were all very clean. All linens were clean, though some towels did seem to be thicker than others. There were numerous soft pillows on our king-sized bed, would have preferred a few firmer ones, but managed to sleep quite well regardless! Also, there was a full-length mirror on the closet door, a hair dryer, iron and ironing board and coffee maker with coffee and tea packets. Soaps and toiletries were replenished daily. Only real negative on the room - the bathroom lighting is way too dim. There are two wall fixtures and one ceiling light - and it's still too dark in that bathroom! The lighting is only slightly brighter than a nightlight! The breakfast consisted of many items, including waffles, eggs, sausage, English muffins, oatmeal and dry cereals, sweet rolls, various fruit, yogurt, orange and apple juice, coffee, tea, milk. Was a little surprised that they did not have bagels and cream cheese, but there was still much to choose from. The pool area appeared clean and well-maintained, but we did not use it, same for the exercise room. Our room was cleaned daily, as expected, and all staff we encountered were extremely friendly. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FurtherOnDownTheRoad
Christina B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Hello, Thank You for taking the time to send us a kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Comfort Suites. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice this summer. The rooms are clean and sanitary. It was nice to get a call from the front desk a few minutes after I checked into my room to make sure everything was clean and up to my standard in the room. It is a comfort Inn so although everything is not updated & contemporary like for example Fairfield Inn at el., they do take pride in keeping what they have; traditionally furnished rooms.
Front desk staff was friendly. Breakfast was decent and got my day started early. I'd stay here again just not for 220 a night. It just seems a bit overpriced even if it is their peak season.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank k0mahome

Hello, Thank You for sending us a kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Haven
Lake Bluff Inn and Suites
#4 of 11 in South Haven
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck - Douglas
Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph

Been to Comfort Suites South Haven? Share your experiences!