“It was perfect!”

Monroe Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Haven
Monroe Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Chicago
“It was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at Monore Manor Inn a weekend getaway for our 5 year anniversary. From Chicago it only took 3 hours and we got to enjoy the beautiful fall colors on our way there. We were immediately greeted by Nancy who gave us some wonderful recommendations on what to do and showed us to the Arbor Room. The room was perfectly cozy with a big comfy bed, electric fireplace, and well decorated bathroom. The breakfasts were wonderful on the patio. We even enjoyed just rocking on the porch swing with our books. I look forward to going back again and highly recommend it!

• Liked — the Arbor Room and breakfasts
  • Disliked — everything was wonderful
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cappy536

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2008

Me & my husband had a lovely time in the wonderful b&b. We had no problems from the time we arrived until the time we left. We stayed for 3 days/ 2 nights. The innkeepers were wonderful and very helpful. Our room we stayed in was very nice and charming. We stayed in the Arbor Room which the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very relaxing with the body spray jet's. Me and my husband stayed up very late playing darts on the front porch. Our very favorite was the spa area on the outside with the jacuzzi tub, tiki lights, and the fire. We went at night where we could see the star's clearly and I even saw shooting star's. The breakfast was very good...and left us wanting more. I would recommend this b&b to my family and friends.

• Liked — We had a couple's massage.
  • Disliked — Everything was well.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mikaagape
frankfort, illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2008

We stayed at this Bed and Breakfast on our way home from a stay at Mackinaw Island. It was absolutly beautiful, amazingly clean and the breakfast was fantastic. It would definitely be a place we would come back to and highly recommend. It is about 5 minutes from the shops and beach which make it very relaxing and private place to stay. Nancy and Doug were very informative and made us feel right at home.

• Liked — very clean, very priviate and relaxing
  • Disliked — couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
northville, michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2008

My fiance and I decided we needed a relaxing weekend in a beach town that was not too far away. South Haven and the Monroe Manor B & B was a great choice for us. We got lucky because we had temperatures in the 60's & 70's when we stayed there so that helped to make it a great Lake Michigan weekend at the Monroe Manor. Doug & Nancy have owned the place for about 5 years. They have done a beautiful job of restoring the interior of the inn. The restoration of the wood floors was gorgeous. The great room on the main floor is also particularly elegant.

As one other couple pointed out-there is no older home, musty smell at this inn. As a matter of fact, a delightful smelling candle was usually burning which added to the ambience of the inn. They usually had nice music playing which was a really nice touch. There were books to read and even board games to play which is fun for a rainy day. We were served a hot, delicious breakfast every day and wine and snacks were put out for us in the afternoon. We were fortunate to see some baby ducks that had just been born on their property. They were really cute.

Our room was the Arbor Room. The linens were very luxurious and the bed is very soft. The bathroom was beautifully done with nice touches such as double shower head and a basin-bowl sink. The room was a little small and there is not a closet, so just a forewarning if you need a lot of storage space. The only other small thing is the inn is a little closer the the highway than I thought it would be but the trees block most of that out. the inn is a short drive to downtown South Haven.

The hot tub is AMAZING. It is ultra relaxing with strong jets. It has lights for night time and there were other tiki lights around the tub for a nightime soak. It was early in the season, but it looked like there was a fire pit nearby for a bonfire during the summer.

All in all-Nancy & Doug were great hosts who were helpful but not intrusive. One thing I remember the did was-It was unseasonably warm one night and the air conditioning was not on yet. Another couple was uncomfortable one night and Doug went out of his way to get them a fan for their comfort. The next morning he asked us if we were comfortable and if we wanted the AC on. It wasn't bad for us with the windows open so we were fine with it, but it was nice of Doug & Nancy to ask.

One final note-as I walked up the stairs I could see in the honeymoon/master suite which was a larger room than ours. It looked very pretty. I would reccomend that room if you need more space.

I would definitely go back there and stay with them again.

• Liked — Hot tub, bedding, bathroom decor and overall elegance of the inn
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skb123
clarkston,mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2008

This was was our 2nd time at the inn! I have to say it gets better and better each time we come!! The home is so romantic and relaxing. It is just minutes away from town where you can eat, shop and go to the beach! I love the location also. It is nice to be in the town during the day and know you can go back to the quiet peaceful inn to sit in the hot tub for a relaxing night.
See you soon!! Matt and Jessie

• Liked — great breakfast great staff
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2007

We've stayed with Doug and Nancy before, and continue to go back when we feel like a getaway. Let me say BEAUTIFUL home. The keepers walk that lovely B&B line between attentive but not overbearing. You want something; they're there. You want privacy and I swear you'd think they'd moved out if it weren't for the clean linens, wine/cheese evening snack, and incredible breakfast. Bravo for keeping an art like this alive.

Derrick & Emily

• Liked — Service & Silence
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WinamacBoiler
Holland, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2007

Well, first of all, this was a surprise for me- my wife took me to this great historical manor as a "BabyMoon" before our child is born.

I was surprised to find a historical mansion- and exclaimed "Are we staying HERE??"

the grounds, home, friendliness, and cleanliness did not disappoint. We loved the wonderful breakfasts, personal service, and extreme attention to detail. After hundreds of guests, our hosts were not tired of telling us the story of the house or providing whatever we needed.

Monroe manor was close to South Haven, we had a great couples massage, homemade pineapple ice cream, and walks around the grounds.

Highly recommended, if not for the location, for the peace and quiet of not having to worry about anything.

• Liked — Everything.
  • Disliked — That we couldn't stay longer.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple