“Great stop for coffee and breakfast”
Review of Cafe Julia

Cafe Julia
Ranked #14 of 68 Restaurants in South Haven
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gourmet Breakfast Sandwiches, Bakery, Salads, Sandwiches, and Soups (Gluten Free, Vegetarian, and Vegan options too). We also have a kids menu. Are you a coffee snob? Come check out our fresh roasted beans and have one of our Baristas make you a signature latte or Cappucino. Got a pet? Bring 'em with- large outside seating areas are very accommodating.
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
“Great stop for coffee and breakfast”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great coffee, freshly made bakery goods (excellent croissants!), and wonderful breakfast sandwiches.

Visited July 2014

Cincinnati, OH
“Very slow service, but has potential”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Prefer Starbucks, but the closest one is 25+ miles away. Stopped here twice. Once for lunch- got an iced latte. It was just ok. Got a chicken salad sandwich and the seven grain salad. Good was great, but it was like $9 and i thought that was a little overpriced. Service was "ok." They were friendly and atmosphere was good, but they were just very slooooow moving... Slowness is even more detrimental in a coffee shop where people are often in a hurry!
The next day I went around 10am just for an espresso drink. I think their drinks could be crafted a little better... They use syrup for everything-- for instance, their Cafe Vienna uses cinnamon syrup, where I feel like that's much too overpowering and calls for a cinnamon "shake" and vanilla or caramel syrup instead... The main problem on this day was the service. Lines were longer, service was slower than slow. Waited forever to order, then cashier told me it would be 5 min for an iced vanilla latte... That was about 2 min too long in my opinion, but I would've been happy to wait 5 min since i ended up waiting 10!
I didn't expect it to be as quick and efficient as Starbucks, but the workers really need to learn how to hustle...
I would prob go again, but not this trip.

• Visited July 2014
Normal, Illinois, United States
“Good food service was under par”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch..sandwiches were good. Service wasn't great..asked for 1/2 pb &j (on the menu) and was charged for and given a full.menu said add fountain pop for 99¢ and was charged 1.50 for each drink. They were out of things we wanted to try.

• Visited July 2014
Chicago's North Shore, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hopeful”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Lunch was okay. Heard how fabulous EVERYTHING was. Others were most impressed by the food. We're not sure about that. Just okay!

Visited June 2014
“Local Experience”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

My sister and I got our morning coffee here and got to experience the local feel of South Haven. The baristas greeted people by name and were more than happy to help us with our choice. They have a broad variety of syrup choices and I loved their latte menu. They also offer steamed almond milk...that's impressive! Stop in and have a cup!