“The price is right”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Greenwood, IN
“The price is right”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Came to south haven with my daughter, friend and 8 year old grand daughter only needed place to sleep a couple of nights and GLI was clean,accommodating and very worth the price. Eight year old Ava is writing this review with my approval.

Room Tip: Choose a suite for a few more$$ still a good deal.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JDBGreenwood_IN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our 1st trip to South Haven and only an overnight trip for my husband, dad, & I. Many of the other accomodations required a 2 night stay because it was Memorial weekend. I was able to book one night here. We had our day planned out in south haven, so we just needed a room to stay the night. We checked in at 2 just to drop off our stuff before going into town. We had a room with 2 queen beds, down at the end , very peaceful and quiet. The room was very decent, new carpet and bathroom flooring. Everything in the room as advertised, fridge, microwave, & coffeemaker. Since there was 3 of us, i went and got our morning coffee from the Coffee Beanery, which was 1/4 mile north on hwy 196. It was in a shopping plaza, and located in a huge market. It looked very nice, bakery, gourmet foods. It is only a mile or so into downtown south haven, very convenient. overall for the price and location, it can't be beat. you can park right at your door, easy in and out. We didn't use the pool, but the indoor pool looked very nice. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Quieter all the way to the end
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Maryliz1118
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was very apprehensive about checking in after reading other reviews. This is an older independent hotel that is in the midst of an upgrade. New management will be upgrading rooms this spring. This is not a 5 star resort. It does have some wear and age but clean and livable. I was able to stream movies over the hotel WiFi with no problem. Any problems were addressed immediately and the staff was friendly and accommodating. I could not find the bullet holes but, I did find coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jbohacheff
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 17 August 2013

First I would like to say to the persons that wrote mediocre reviews about this quaint area and inn have got it all wrong. I couldn't have had a better weekend. At first I was hesitant about staying there based on the reviews that I read, but then I thought this must be like the movies when you read a bad review and then you actually watch the movie and you love it. This is what Great Lakes Inn and Suites was for me. I am thoroughly impressed with this establishment. It was cozy, quaint, and most important clean. The staff was very accomidating and even allowed me a late check out as they were completely understanding that I had a long drive time home. I was able to reconnect with a very loving person in my life and the atmosphere at Great Lakes Inn just made it all the better. I can't wait to return to my small piece of heaven.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I can't put into words how awful this hotel is. I'm laid back and normally not really picky about where I stay as long as its clean. This place had bugs, bullet holes, mold, blood, and urine in it. Good thing we brought our own sheets because everywhere else was booked! Seriously, don't do it. It's worth the extra money.

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank AlexLeigh03

Travellers are raving about these South Haven hotels

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Very basic motel that is in need of updating. Curtains do not keep the light out (Car lot next door), shower drips, beds are old etc. Room does have a fridge and microwave. Brought my own pillow which is a must as the motel pillows ran out of life a few years ago. No breakfast available but room has a small coffee maker.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the side near the car lot. Room is so light you could almost read a book.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
#2 of 11 in South Haven
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Great Lakes Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!