“Worthy of return visits” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Victoria Resort Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Haven
Victoria Resort Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Lansing, Michigan
“Worthy of return visits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

My wife and I have years of hospitality experience and are keen to good service when we get it. The staff are professional, friendly and proactive. We stayed in the B&B, King room, and it was just as advertised. Everything was clean and functional. Breakfast was good! They set up a couples massage and it was great. They have a large movie library with over 300 titles to choose from. We are coffee snobs, so If you really like a great coffee first thing in the morning, either bring your own for the little coffeemaker in the room (bring creamer if you like it, as there's a fridge in the room) OR go to Cafe Julia - it's only a four minute drive from the resort. The beach is literally a two minute walk away and everyone we encountered in South Haven was friendly. We are considering a return this summer to stay in one of the cottages (with the whole family). Also recommended are: Clementines, Marias, Cafe Julia and Phoenix St.Cafe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

Our family has been visiting The Victoria Resort for 20 years plus. We have found the atmosphere to be most pleasant. The entire staff makes you feel welcome. We have stayed in both the Inn and in the off season we tried the cottages. The breakfasts are amazing as are the other treats they leave for you in your room. For us it's like our home away from home.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Mary S
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

Just returned from our UMPTEENTH visit to Victoria Resort Bed and Breakfast. Over the years (19 to be exact) we've stayed in the INN numerous times and now with a 2 yr old we stay in the cottages. We stay every summer for a week and other times throughout the year for a few days at a time. No matter the time of year our stay has been fabulous! Our cottages are always impecibly clean, the staff helpful and friendly and most of the staff has been there almost as long as we've been visiting. Winter is cozy...our cottage had this time had a fireplace and whirlpool tub. We snooped around town and said our hellos to the big PUPS at Black River Books, ate at Clementine's (to die for onion rings...) and mostly just relaxed in our cottage. We miss the awesome breakfasts they serve in the inn (blueberry pancakes, quiche, french toast...all mouth watering) and hope one day to sneak away sans our 2 yr old. We've stayed at almost every B & B in South Haven and Victoria Resort is TOPS with us. Hope we can return in the spring.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Becky W
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I'm originally from West Michigan and know South Haven very well, I travelled here this past weekend with my boyfriends family from Chicago for the chili cook off and we were robbed of over $400 cash. We locked our place, and when we returned our place was still locked. We were greeted by a plate of brownies with a friendly note. When we approached the owner about the situation they were rude, and confirmed that the person who entered out rental to drop off a treat indeed needed to use her key to enter. Hmm shady? I think so. My family keeps their boat in South Haven and know a lot of people as well as business owners. I will never return and I will make sure everyone knows about the situation.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gina_K9
Jan L, Owner at Victoria Resort Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Please let me respond to your accusations in the most polite way that I can. My manager did indeed drop off a plate of brownies that afternoon to express our gratitude for staying with us. Not only has your boyfriend's family stayed with us for the past four years, they have traveled through some challenging winter weather to get here and we appreciate that. After 19 years together, I can state with the utmost conviction my manager is not a thief. My deepest apologies that you felt I was rude when your family came to see me. I was totally taken by surprise as to this has never happened in all the years I have owned the resort. I have been in business 24 years and have never had an allegation like this happen period, let alone accusing my manager of 19 years, who is very highly regarded by myself and many of my guests. We are very disappointed by these allegations, and she is very hurt by all of this.
Jan Leksich,
Owner & Innkeeper
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

After a stressful three months at school and family deaths and hospitalizations, my boyfriend and I needed a place to get away for a weekend before another semester of school started. We chose Victoria B&B because of the whirlpool and fireplace. As we were coming in, we ran into some rainy weather delaying our drive time. Not only did Amanda call us to see when we would be arriving, she also asked about any food allergies or food requirements so she could pick up the right items at the grocery store.

Upon check in, she not only provided a friendly, sympathetic face for the roads, she also showed us how to use the amenities in the room and gave us suggestions for what to get in S. Haven for dinner.

The room was beautiful. All the colors, schemes and amenities fit nicely together. The whirlpool tub was so nice.. so nice that I probably used it 8 times while I was there requiring a nap each time.

Upon checkout, Amanda took my request of blueberry pancakes and served them. Each day the room was made up and as clean as ever. Amanda did an amazing job of making us fee like we were at home. Anywhere from directions to asking for particular breakfast items, you name it, we got it! We definitely will be back!

Room Tip: We wanted a whirlpool in our room. If you're looking to save a little money, but want the whirlp...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anna F
Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Victoria Resort for two nights after our wedding. We are waiting to take a longer honeymoon in the summer, but we needed a couple days away after the wedding. After a lot of searching we decided on the Victoria Resort for our "mini-moon" and it was an AMAZING choice!

As soon as we arrived we were impressed with the service. Everyone at the B&B was kind, helpful, and attentive. They walked us through everything and made us feel right at home.

Breakfast was good. I am a picky eater and was pleased. One morning there was a sausage and egg casserole that I didn't eat because I don't eat meat, and the innkeeper even offered to make me some eggs without meat. Another guest who was eating at the same time we were was unable to eat anything with gluten and they had made her gluten-free muffins.

It was a short ride to town. If it hadn't been so cold it would have been a quick walk or bike ride. A lot of the shops were closed for the season. We had a nice time ice skating at the rink in town and loved the dog store! There is an amazing chocolate shop downtown that had the nose amazing chocolate cake you'll ever eat!

The room was very nice... A very relaxing and peaceful place to be! We stayed in a King Deluxe room and really enjoyed the cozy fireplace, tub, and big comfy bed! Since it was the off season so we got to enjoy the 2-night getaway package. Dinner at Tello's and Clementine's were both awesome.

We would love to return in the summer! What a nice little "home" to get away to for some much needed rest!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank jpruder
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

We have had several wonderful stays at this bed and breakfast. With a whirlpool tub and a fireplace in our room, it's the perfect place to relax on a winter night. The breakfasts were delicious. The inn is located within walking distance to the beach. It's also within walking distance from the shops in the town. The innkeepers are helpful and pleasant. Freshly baked cookies are a nice treat in the evening. They have menus from local restaurants, some games, a wide selection of DVDs, and a nice little dish of candy in the lobby. It was the perfect place for our to relax the last few days. We love it here and can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
The Last Resort B & B Inn
The Last Resort B & B Inn
#7 of 16 in South Haven

Been to Victoria Resort Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!