“The perfect lakeside B&B!”

Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 May 2004

Look no further if *only the best will do* for your romantic getaway!! The Yelton Manor is themost fabulous inn my wife and I have ever visited. We were really pleased with the great locationon the beach of Lake Michigan (what a sunset!), HUGE and beautiful gardens, lovely room and great food.It seems like every possible attention is given to anticipate what will charm and delight guests,including CD players in the room, 1000s of movies and extraordinary books. The hosts are very attentiveand are a lot of fun too.We loved The Yelton Manor.

2  Thank DrLee333

Mendon, Michigan
Reviewed 4 May 2004

Had a wonderful weekend: First and NOT last stay at Yelton. Room was excellent and the BED as confortable as home, can't say that about many places. Decor, is a sight to see, every nitch and crannie has a life of it's own and you could spend a week and still not notice all the subtle amenities. Was able to propose to the most wonderful person I know and I'm sure that with the romantic surroundings she just could not resist saying "Yes". I'm sure that with the many sweets setting around to select from all contributed to me being one lucky guy. Thanks for a wonderful weekend and a beginning to our life together.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 April 2004

Yelton Manor is a fantastic inn! This gorgeous inn is just steps away from the beach and town. But you may never want to leave the inn! Fabulous decor, exceptional books, gourmet food, lavish gardens, 1000s of movies, chocolate EVERYWHERE...it's custom made for R&R. And the hosts are the greatest, most hard-working people ever, which is also why I wrote this: The people who have said mean things must be crazy and/or making up stories, because Elaine and Robert are spectacular hosts. We love The Yelton Manor! When my small home can't hold guests and friends, I always send them to Yelton Manor B&B. It's the best.

Reviewed 21 April 2004

Well, I thought we were the only people on the planet to have experienced the rude, ineffective side of this B&B's hostess. Thanks for writing of your experience NJ!

The B&B is incredibly beautiful and details are wonderfully executed, but if anything even slightly goes wrong in your stay you will quickly see a different side of this innkeeper. I made a comment to her about how our room's description of lakeview was not accurate (not said in anger or rudely, more so they would give future guests a more accurate description) given that the only place the lake could be seen was if we bent way over out on the tiny balcony to see a sliver of blue water.
She growled at me and proceeded to tell me why it wasn't a problem and why it was my fault for even thinking it was a problem. Then she started talking about me to another guest when she didn't realize my husband and I were still in earshot.

We are neither whiners nor complainers and have travelled all over the world and never experienced a more inappropriate response from an innkeeper.

We love South Haven--beautiful beach, lovely shops and restaurants--and visit several times each year, but once at Yelton Manor was more than enough for us.

25  Thank luv2snorkel61
Glassboro, NJ
Reviewed 11 April 2004

I have visited Yelton Manor twice. The home and grounds are gorgeous,
especially in summer when everything outside is blooming and the
breezes blow in off the lake. The food is excellent, and the service
staff is very friendly and attentive. But the owner is very snobbish
and condescending. She was rude to me on both visits, I witnessed
incidents with other guests and an employee. I would love to go back,
but why ruin my vacation with her attitude?

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St. Joseph, MI
Reviewed 1 April 2004

We have stayed in B&Bs throughout the country and this tops any for charm, beauty and romance. I could write the entire review just on the comfort of the bed - decadent depth, crisp sheets, mounds of pillows, plenty of blankets - absolutely wonderful! No detail has been overlooked. Every inch of our room was filled with niceties and every corner of the manor was filled with amenities. What a fabulous stay!
Quite possibly the most restful place on earth!

Our thanks to our gracious innkeepers, Elaine and Robert!

Palos Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 13 March 2004

The Yelton Manor is truly a great inn. My husband and I enjoyed the beautiful decor and great food. We enjoyed the extra treats like cookies, brownies. hot pop corn and movies. More amazing is the collection of books...there must be 1000's! And OH the Garden's in the Summer is a must see! We've been to many inns but this is by far the best. We will be back, again and again! Please take time from your busy life to enjoy this amazingly beautiful and charming Inn. Debbie & Bob Thormann

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Haven
Seymour House
#3 of 16 in South Haven
Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites
Kingsley House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!