Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast
US$104
US$102
US$98
Hampton Inn South Haven(South Haven)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$128
Holiday Inn Express South Haven(South Haven)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$89
US$99
US$77
US$154
US$139
Hotel Nichols(South Haven)
All reviewsbrownieacross the streetguest houselake michiganb bmy husband and ihummusget awaybed and breakfastpopcorn machinebook collectioninteresting bookscookiesafternoon snackgracious hostsour honeymooncommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2005

It's getting to the point where I won't go anywhere without consulting TripAdvisor! But when I booked at this fabulous inn I was really trying to find SOMETHING to whine about given the long list of rave reviews. Too bad for me...this B&B is wonderful from top to bottom. Loaded with thoughtful amenities and with a prime location overlooking Lake Michigan, this B&B is
a loving project of busy, dedicated innkeepers who only care about making everything as perfect as can be. We were SO impressed. It's been established for 17 years, so amenities are deep and wonderful, but it's also so fabulously maintained and clean that it looks like no one has ever stayed there! The food was fabulous, the hosts delightful, the beds comfortable. This is the best inn I have ever stayed at. Travelers: trust TripAdvisor Users, they know what they are talking about! For a romantic and restful escape, get to the adorable town of South Haven, MI and stay at this splendid inn!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
oak park, illinois
Reviewed 5 March 2005

this is to all you folk who truly have good taste in a place to stay away from home
Yelton Manor in South Haven, Michigan is guaranteed not to disappoint.
it is located across the pleasant-traffic street from a nice Lake Michigan
beach. It is up the hill from a restaurant/bar which is on the interlake
water with outdoor tables so that you can watch the boats go by and
watch the drawbridge go up and down while you sip your tonic and gin.
The rooms have extra plump dacron pillows which mean a good night's
sleep away from home; even for those of us who are of the age when
it is rare that we do not pad about at least once a night.. They have
a style carpet seen only in the finest places. i have stayed at The Waldorf,
The Plaza, Casa Marina, The Drake and liked the decor of the Yelton
Manor the best. The flower gardens surrounding the Yelton Manor
are exceptional. They have a choice of rooms separate from the
main house so that you can have complete privacy or you can stay
in the main house and enjoy truly good company. Breakfast with
a pot of coffee is waiting outside your room in the a.m. and you can
wake up listening to your music from home on their CD player as you
put your feet up and relax in the chair by the gas fireplace. Feminine lace is always a comfort to us females and they supply bubbles for the
whirlpool tub in the bathroom. It's a very nice place to stay.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 4 March 2005

We LOVED this inn! Fabulous location, wonderful food, great hosts, awesome value. The Yelton Manor B&B is the best inn we have ever been to and we recommend it 100%.

Redford, Michigan
Reviewed 3 March 2005

My husband and I fell in love all over again! The hospitality by our hosts, Elaine and Robert, as well as their staff, was priceless. The house is beautiful...romantic....beyond our expectations. This was just what my husband and I needed...a weekend to ourselves. A wonderful selection of movies, delicious snacks all day long, books, books and more books, and a picture perfect town to walk to and shop and have a meal. Before we walked out the door, we were already planning our next stay! Perfect! A Top Ten! +++++++! Loved it!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 28 February 2005

Last December, my new husband and I spent our honeymoon at Yelton Manor. We had such a wonderful, romantic, and relaxing time that we made a plan to always return there for our anniversaries. Both the Manor and our hosts were absolutely perfect.
In February (just months after our wedding!), my husband planned a surprise weekend for my birthday. And it WAS a surprise - he made reservations at the Yelton Manor! I couldn't believe he'd brought us back so soon - I was thrilled. He said he couldn't resist. We had been talking about the Manor ever since we left and had been dreaming about when we could return. No time like the present!!!
We look forward to our next visit there ... maybe next December, maybe sooner. We may have to start looking for a Manor support group to help us through the times between our visits :).
Thank you Robert and Elaine!!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member