“Good”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is our 3rd trip to South Haven and our 3rd trip to Maria's. I love the food but the service is always hit or miss. I agree with a prior reviewer there is nothing special about the bread (ours was late & under cooked). W

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our family enjoyed this small establishment. We had the nightly special, bourbon chicken, and chicken Parmesan. The chicken parm seemed to be a very popular entree. Portions were very large. Even the men in our group didn't finish their meals. Everything was tasty. Service was just okay. Our waitress didn't notice when we needed refills on drinks and we had to ask for silverware but she was friendly and got things quickly once requested.

3  Thank ohiotravelerabc
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first (and last) visit to Marias. After reading reviews on Marias and seeing their supposed #1 ranking in South Haven, we decided to visit. The decor was old, cheap and stale. Their "famous" bread is nothing more than doughy, chewy pizza dough. Their veggie pasta is a pile of frozen veges, including almonds(?!), over linguine. The service is terrible. Our server was not attentive, did not get the order right, did not come back for drink refills, did not bring the bread. Worst part is that we paid $80 for dinner for four people, without liquor. Overall, it was bad and we will not return. Tello, an Italian restaurant around the corner, will provide a much better experience...

2  Thank FreeFeedbackChicago
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been going to Maria's since they opened and have enjoyed the food there. When I got engaged, I looked around at other restaurants in South Haven, but Maria's had a lot of food for the price. They provided the containers for the food and the heat lamp thing underneath so the food would stay hot. It was a lot of food! But everyone enjoyed it, I never heard one complaint about it. I recommend their breadsticks, the fettuccine alfredo or the baked ziti...a lot of people at my wedding thought those were the best.

1  Thank Fuzzlette
Reviewed 27 May 2014

When we are in South Haven, we always make it a point to eat once at Maria's. The food is good - not great, but very good - and the atmosphere is cozy and inviting. I've had times when I had to wait for my food to be prepared, but I've never had bad service there. Maria's feels like a family run establishment where you're a welcome guest.

There is an extensive root beer menu as well as a wine menu. The bottle of Chianti is $20 and perfect for almost everything served there. Be sure to ask about the specials, as they are always a good value.

For dessert, try the cannoli. They are served in miniature form, two to a plate, and perfect for sharing.

1  Thank StephanieGee