“Courtyard Southfield Michigan - A Capo”

Courtyard Detroit Southfield
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Courtyard Southfield is undergoing renovations right now which will update the hotel lobby and rooms. I have stayed at this hotel many times. The staff is very friendly, eager to help, and the the service is consistently good. The probablem with this hotel has been that it needed a face lift which it is getting now. I like the location and I like the staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Angelo C

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Was not happy with this hotel. Although I should know what to expect at the Courtyard, there were a couple things that really stuck out. Upon check in I was notified that room service was available until 11pm. I called at noon 4 times and no one ever answered. I then called the front desk and they still transferred me to the same line which was clearly not being answered. Bed was clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were very outdated. They did not even supply a soap to wash your hands with! Would not stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LRapkin
Scott K, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Mr. Rapkin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like the opportunity to speak with you in regards to this stay. I would like, if possible, additional information to ensure that I can properly follow up and address items you have brought to our attention. Specifically, the mention of room service until 11pm and the unanswered calls into the afternoon to place a food order. At the time of your stay we only offered a buffet breakfast so I would just like to better understand your observations. It is the goal of all of our associates to ensure we meet your complete satisfaction and will need your assistance and clarity to ensure we are doing so. Please contact me directly at your convenience.

Scott Klukas
248-358-1222

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

This courtyard is currently undergoing renovations. I was able to see some of the work going on in the rooms and it looks very nice however since they were mid Reno I was in an existing room. Overall it was in fair condition, had odd odor but nothing too bad. The staff was the best part of my experience they were friendly and proactively greeting as I walked in since they had a temporary lobby
Going on. Overall average I would stay again but wait a while until the hotel was updated.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank cptra
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel was undergoing renovations while I was there. While my carpet looked new, the bedding was frayed and old. The pillows flat as pancakes. And there were hairs (not just one or two!) on the mattress pad. While I didn't feel my safety was at risk while I was there, it's not the nicest area. I was booked for two nights, and left after one to go to a different hotel. They never asked me 'why?' Likely a common request.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Had a really good rate for the room from the business I was meeting at the next morning. Love Marriott hotels but not familiar with the Courtyard locations, so was pleasantly surprised that this brand, in a market with lots of hotels was so perfect. Room was comfortable, service was great and breakfast was perfect. Will definitely stay there for every business trip to this area I have in the future. Went for casual dinner and drinks next door (walking distance in safe area) at larger Marriott and was very impressed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gerri B
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My main complaint about this hotel is how paper thin the walls are. If people were lingering and chatting in the hallway (which seemed to happen all the time) it sounded as if they were in your room. Unfortunately, there were a lot of noisy people during my one night stay and I hardly slept that night. Someone on my floor had even called security because children were screaming. The air conditioner also decided to make loud and obnoxious noises in the am. When I turned on the shower the water came out yellow but quickly cleared up.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank missionpossible13
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I got a great deal on this hotel by bidding 2.5 stars in the Southfield area of Detroit and $45 a night on Priceline. The hotel is in a corporate office building location and you definitely cannot walk to restaurants, shops, bars, etc. so to me this was a drawback on a weekend trip. The staff was very friendly and helpful when checking in and throughout my stay. The hotel was clean, small gym that could mostly be used for cardio, free internet that work great on two devices. The bed was comfy and my room was located on the second floor with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The hotel was very typical of the Courtyard brand and offered no real surprises. I would recommend this hotel if you are traveling to the area on business.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo