“Finally home away from home.”

Courtyard Detroit Southfield
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
“Finally home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

we couldnt have asked for more. Our first visit here was wonderful & relaxing.love the view & atmosphere. Especially the courtyard view. The balcony gives you a breath of fresh air. Kari was awesome.she made our return visit even better.very nice & accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014
PublicRelationsKari, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Patricia B,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on your most recent stay at the Courtyard Detroit Southfield! It was my pleasure to be of assistance to you and your guests. We pride ourselves here on delivering the highest level of customer service possible and providing the best home away from home that we can. We look forward to being of service again in the future!

248-358-1222

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I cashed in some Marriott points for a three night stay. This hotel has been renovated, and I love the new design. The bed runs the length of the room as opposed to perpendicular to the door. The courtyard has a nice feel, especially the fire pit area.

The only downside was that the whirlpool was down for service, and there are no microwaves in the room. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djmargrave
PublicRelationsKari, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear djmargrave,

Thank you for your time to review your most recent stay with us. I agree that we have a great, fresh new look for a spectacular value here at the Courtyard Detroit Southfield. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to being at your service again in the future.

Public Relations Manager
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

It was just ok. Not worth the money I paid. Bistro had limited hours. Cleanliness not up to marriott standards. There were mold stains on the shower curtain. Gross! I stay at Marriotts every week for business and I've never seen anything like that before. We had to call and then personally go down to the front desk to get a shower curtain. They came 20 minutes later and apologized, but come on . . .I shouldn't have to tell the cleaning staff to get rid of a moldy shower curtain. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tiffany P
Tiffany P,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Courtyard Detroit Southfield. I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and for falling short of your standards, as well as our own. We have immediately addressed this issue with the housekeeping deparment and replaced the shower curtains where necessary. We hope for the opportunity to regain your trust. If you would like to discuss a future stay with us please contact a manager directly at 248-358-1222.

Fox River Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here for just over $100/night including taxes. The room was very nice and clean with a decent little sitting area. Location was very convenient since I was working at the medical center right next to here. I will definitely stay here again when working in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PublicRelationsKari, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Eric L,

Thank you for your time in reviewing the Courtyard Detroit Southfield. I agree that we offer a clean and fresh room at a great value. I am happy that we were able to meet your standards-as well as our own, and we look forward to being of service to you again on future visits to the area!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Came for business purposes. Stayed based upon the property description indicating a 2014 remodel. Walked in to check in on a Monday night tired and hungry and immediately greeted by a very enthusiastic Michelle at the desk. She acted like she cared rather than treating me like just another grumpy guest checking in - a nice start. As it was late I ended up eating at the bistro in the lobby area where I was lucky enough to be served by Ari - who also had an infectiously positive attitude. Had the turkey club she recommended - which far exceeded my expectations. While I hadn't planned on it initially, due to work issues I ultimately ate there 4 night is a row while working on my laptop. Skip the pot stickers (shrimp wontons), get the French dip, turkey club, or spicy chicken sandwich. My bet is Ari will be running the place eventually. Great attitude, great service. However, the existing hiring manager should get some credit as a positive attitude seemed to be standard issue with the entire staff.
In terms of the hotel - its not the Ritz. But the room was newly furnished and the bed and pillows were good. Also I am a hotel cleanliness nut. I strip the bed and lift mattresses and flip furniture looking for things that shouldn't be there while using a headlamp ( I suspect I have watched one too many many Rossen Reports...). Other than a few dust bunnies behind big furniture the room was very clean. I would have no hesitation to recommend this place to friends or colleagues.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PublicRelationsKari, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Pickme,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Courtyard Detroit Southfield! I have passed on your wonderful comments to Nichelle, Ari and management. I have to agree that Nichelle is one of the most caring and enthusiastic people that brings a whole new warm and welcoming light to our front desk. Ari is definitely an asset to this company as well. She delivers excellent service in the Bistro and you can have a great conversation with her while enjoying a delicious meal. I have also made housekeeping aware that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room. Every department works very hard to ensure that you have the best experience possible and I am thrilled that we exceeded your expecations as well as our own. On behalf of the Courtyard Detroit Southfield staff we thank you for your time and we look forward to providing you with another great stay in the future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have stayed multiple nights at this facility. The entire staff is exceptionally friendly and very helpful. The facility has been remodeled recently. They have a nice Bistro as well. The entire staff welcomes you and wants to make sure that you are enjoying your stay. Carrol Andiare is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PublicRelationsKari, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Angelo C,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Courtyard Detroit Southfield. I have passed your words along about our staff members! I agree that we have a top notch staff that jumps at the opportunity to assist a guest or simply smile and say hello! We look forward to being of service again in the future.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My mom and I recently stayed at the courtyard. The staff were excellent! When I called to make the reservation, Michelle quickly provided me with all the assistance I needed. She was delightful. When we arrived, Alissa was very gracious in accommodating our need for early check-in. The rooms were a decent size and clean. The hotel looked just as it did on the website. During the second day of my stay, I lost my cell phone and the front desk staff (Alissa and Jennifer) were very helpful. They called several rooms to find out if anyone had found my phone and within an hour, I had my cell phone back. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa M
Lisa M,

Thank you for your time and feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Courtyard Detroit Southfield. I was very pleased to read that Nichelle, Alisa and Jennifer were able to accommodate you and deliver exceptional service in which we take great pride in. I agree that we have an excellent staff at this property. Everyone works very hard every day to make sure that we take care of each and every guest that walks into our front door. We thank you so much for your recommendation and look forward to being of service again in the future!