“Now called Bigalora Wood Fired Cucina”
Review of Pizzeria Biga - CLOSED

Pizzeria Biga
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is a sister restaurant to the upscale Bacco Ristorante in Southfield. Healthy and delicious pizza! We split a large Bigalora Chop salad and it was huge - should have ordered the small. Our pizza was perfect with our favorite toppings, pepperoni, mushrooms and banana peppers. Wide selection of liquors and beers. Tuesday is half-price wine day! Nice patio for outside dining. They also offer Sunday Brunch.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I visited the Southfield location. We visit this place quarterly and do enjoy our dinners. Unfortunately this evening we happen to find a hair in our salad. Things happen and I get that. We informed our server and she apologized which anybody would expect. We finished our meal (great pizza). I did notice the manager walking by and asking other patrons how there meal was but he never approached our table. When we received our bill, nothing was done to try and compensate for the what happened. I paid the bill and tipped 15%. I did speak with the manager as I was walking out to inform him of what happened. He did offer to "make it right", but at that point in time I feel they had a couple of opportunities to make it right but failed to do so. So, right or wrong, I thought I'd share my experience.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great food! Amazingly quick service. Great brunch, lunch, and dinner. Best pizza in Southfield. Definitely go!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a very nice pizza and salad lunch today. European wood fired ovens and pizza to order. House salad was very tasty. Good atmosphere and attentive manager which is key. As good as a pizza place can be. Will go back. Can't go wrong.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We tried the new Sunday brunch menu addition at Bigalora (the former Pizzeria Biga) in Southfield recently. Even at 12 noon, it not crowded and very comfortable on this particular Sunday.
I tried the Polenta Gorgonzola breakfast plate and it was terrific! The Italian sausage was nicely spiced. Much of the food is apparently made or grown locally.
Prices are reasonable. The coffee is outstanding and the bar is open for brunch with plenty of wonderful draft, crafts available (I tried one and it was excellent).
This is a great place for entertaining family or friends! Reservations are accepted only for large groups (8 or more).