“Was that necessary?!?!?!?”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Lansing
“Was that necessary?!?!?!?”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

It was COMPLETELY unnecessary to bang on my door at 10:30 a.m. (30 minutes before the UNDISCLOSED check out time) to ask me if we were checking out -- especially when the check out process at the front desk includes crossing guests off a list. It would have been just as efficient to wait until 11:30 a.m. and charge any guests who have not checked out for the next day. Also, there is NO NEED to ask guest upon checkIN if they will be checking out the next day if you are going to bang on the door anyway.

It is also customary to post and/or disclose check out time so that guests do not have to ask.

Lastly, the room could have been cleaner.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Detroit - Southfield. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Your experience with being disturbed prior to check out time and the miscommunication on departure time is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed at the homestead-Detroit on a visit from Maryland. The hotel had competative rates and good service. My room was clean and the location was great. There was no breakfast, but the nice clerk Halina gave me directions to a restaurant that was close enough to walk to. A nice affordable place.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front offer a nice view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Krystal,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I'm happy to hear Halima helped you out with a breakfast place, but mostly it's great to hear our hotel fit your needs so well. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to have you back soon.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I usually have staycations nearby and i love staying here when i do. The Front Desk Clerk (Halima) was very helpful and nice. Their was an error with my assigned room and she quickly straighten things out and provided me with an upgrade at no extrat charge due to the early room mistake. I would stay here again because with service like this it is a nice timee to be had.

Room Tip: Book Double beds they are usually on the Third floor which most familes are not comfortable with.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kandi C
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Kandi,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your stay at our Homestead Studio Suites Detroit – Southfield. It’s rewarding to get feedback like yours and to hear that staff members like Halima are taking such great care of our guests. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope you will stay with us again soon.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I visited Detroit for Mother's Day and stayed at this hotel the room was spacious and clean and the front desk attendants Helima and Ingrid were very friendly and may stay very comfortable. I would love to stay again

Room Tip: the king size rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Cynthia,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay stay at our Homestead Studio Suites Detroit - Southfield. I'm pleased to hear it was a good Mother's Day for you. It sounds like our staff delivered on our commitment of great guest service. We do hope you will stay with us again soon. Thank you for your business.
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is a great hotel to stay at, espically if you are on a budget. The front desk asst. mgr Conswella has been very helpful in all aspects of my stay. The other front desk attendants Halima ann Ingrid and Camille are all top notch employees. My family has stayed there for a while and at no time were we ever disappointed in the services. The house-keeping staff and maintaince crew match that of a five-star hotel ( RITZ,WESTIN, ST-REGIS ). I will always recommend to anyone who will listen, this is the place to stay, be sure to ask for Conswella when you check in.

Room Tip: Get the king deluxe room, it has more space to move around, espically if your're going for an ex...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, 11 July 2012
We appreciate the positive review. Thanks for choosing to stay at Homestead Studio Suites we know there are many lodging options available. We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future.
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel and was appalled. I was given a room I went to the room and it was clearly not cleaned at all. I advised the front desk I was given a second room this room was not as filthy as the first however again not cleaned finally I was given a third room and with this room the room appeared clean however there was trash under the bed. I booked this hotel thru the Internet and was completely unsatisfied with room and also the managers cavalier attitude towards my issue.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Mskarma98
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, 13 June 2012

Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I've enjoy my stay at Homestead Suites for some time now, Conswella is very helpful and goes beyond her duties when it comes to making sure guest are comfortable. Her customer service skills are exceptional, and she makes you feel welcome and like you are at home. Wilson Family

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Wilson Family,

Thank you for your kind review of our stay at our Homestead Studio Suites Detroit – Southfield. I am so happy to hear Conswella took such great care of you. Your feedback is exactly what we like to hear. Thank you for choosing our hotels. We appreciate your business.