***This review was supposed to be posted in the beginning of March. I didn't realize I had to click a link to confirm this review.***
My company sent me from Puerto Rico to Michigan for an assignment that lasted two months. During those two months, I’ve never seen a hotel ran as poorly as this one. Dirty sheets, awful smells in the hallway, teenage parties and fights every weekend, among other things. I never received my mail on time and when I did, it was open or it looked tampered with. Out of the entire staff at the Extended Stay America-Southfield, there was only two that I felt comfortable with. Halima (not sure if I spelled it right) and Camille are the only employees who strive for perfection. If something was wrong, they worked to fix it. If I needed something, they ensured I received it either right then or within twenty minutes (i.e. towels, tissue, etc.). The cleaning staff---don’t even get me started. They must be cleaning with dirty water and rags because the rooms straight SMELL when they’re finished. Maintenance never fixed a thing I asked. I always had a hard time out of Consuela (mail among other things) and a very nasty attitude whenever the managing staff is not around. I was standing in the lobby when I heard Consuela inform another guest to retrieve the mail from the mailbox. This angered me because if another guest can do her job by stepping out and retrieving the mail, then the guest has a chance to possibly go through the mail. I also watched housekeepers and other residents wash their clothes in the SAME machine that the SHEETS have to be washed in. WTH?!?!?!?!?!? I’ve informed my company to take all of the Extended Stay America’s off of our company hotel list. This hotel is poorly ran and if you ask me, it’s a disgrace to it’s name.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Southfield
- Homestead Suites Southfield
- Southfield Homestead Suites