“Nice hotel and next to a Tim Hortons”

SpringHill Suites Detroit Southfield
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed 31 October 2011

A very nice hotel. Definitely will come back again. We stay there on Canadian Thanksgiving with 3 kids. The room size is huge with 2 queen size beds and a sleeper sofa. Comes with microwave, coffee machine and a kitchen sink. It is also next door to a 24 hours Tim Hortons. Breakfast has good seletions; boiled eggs, cereals, yogurts, oatmeal, juice and coffee. Business centre has 1 computer with a printer so you can print your coupons. Room has very high ceiling too. We stay on the lower floor and did not hear any noise but the town was extremely quiet, even at the outlet mall.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Went for an overnight stay with friends and was pleased with this hotel.
Kellie greeted us warmly and did anything she could to help accomodate us......feather free pillows, dinner options, directions to IKEA.
Beds were comfortable, breakfast had plenty of options, and location was convenient.
The only thing that was a bothersome were rowdy and loud young boys in the pool/hot tub area. It made conversation almost impossible.
The hotel itself was clean and would stay there again if needed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I recently attended a funeral in Detroit Michigan. Although this was a difficult time for me and my family the staff at SpringHill Suites were so attentive and caring that it made our trip much more pleasant than we could ever imagine. I have stayed at Marriott properties all over the United States and I can't remember a time when I felt such a connection with the front desk. Glynis makes you feel welcomed and cared for from check-in to check-out. I was only there one night but they made a lasting impression on me and my family.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The location of this hotel made me give it a try. It is located close to both 696 and Telegraph Rd so getting to other Detroit suburbs is very easy. What keeps me coming back is outstanding customer service. Glynis and the rest of the staff at the front desk go out of their way to make sure your needs are taken care of. Beyond that, it is very convenient to have coin-operated laundry at this location. If you travel to Detroit for an extended stay- this is the place to go.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I had many people help me while I was there, but I have to say that Shawn stood out as a true example of someone that not only takes her job seriously, but who seemed to genuinely care about me and the other customers I saw her help.

Everyone there was great; I wish I would have gotten their names, too.

I spent 2 weeks there on business, and the first week I left some items in my room when I checked-out for the weekend.

I remembered the items at the end of the following week, and asked about them. They still had all the items, and were very happy to go find them for me when I asked!

Their housekeeping staff is friendly and honest. Their front-desk employees just as much.

They keep things clean and will bend any direction possible to make your stay enjoyable.

I will definitely be staying there again if I need to be in Southfield again!

5 star :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Patrick R
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Checked into the hotel and the staff was extremely friendly. The hot tub and pool was clean and virtually brand new. The hotel had free internet and breakfast in the morning. The rooms were well laid out and the beds were comfortable. Restaurants and shopping were all close by everyrthing in place for a quality stay.

Room Tip: Free internet and breakfast were nice touches and the staff was very accommodating
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Spent 3 nights here. Was initially apprehensive when front desk said due for renovations next year. But, turned to be a pleasant experience. Suites are roomy and very clean. Front desk staff very friendly and welcoming. Swimming pool lights out of order, but usable during daylight. Would definitely stay here gain. NOTE: the bedrooms are NOT totally separated from sitting / kitchenette area. One TV is placed on opening between the 2 areas, which can swivel to face either beds or sitting area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family