“Nice oasis for business or family”

SpringHill Suites Detroit Southfield
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice oasis for business or family”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Clean suite like rooms with lots of space, solid appointments and clean. Parking around hotel a little tight. No on site eating facility but a few fast food places close. Good gym and in door pool. Breakfast comp,I entry in AM but very limited. Staff friendl. Has Inn Room Service and Pizza Dekivery and a Tim Hortins ne5 door. 20 minutes to downtown Detroit in non rush hour.

Room Tip: No issues as it sits far enough off highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Firstly, this hotel is providing a canned response here at this site. The poorly written canned response certainly reflects how this place is managed.

The service at this hotel was great. It really was. The cleanliness of the room and bathroom were barely OK. I got a crazy great low rate at this hotel but I got what I paid for. The walls are paper thin and I could hear several conversations through the night. I got to be candid about this next part. The hotel attracts an interesting crowd, to say the least, because the price was low. The hotel was noisy because of families staying there on a short term basis.

Stay here if you need a low rate and can sleep through anything or your not concerned about who else might be staying near you. I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: A room away from families using the hotel as an apartment
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank jooksing
GMSHSSouthfield, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you for staying at the Springhill Suites by Marriott during your last visit to Southfield, Michigan. We understand that you have a choice when you travel, and we’re so glad that you chose us for your accommodations. It was our pleasure to have had you stay with us. I would like to extend an apology regarding your comments about your last stay with us. I understand other guests in the hotel can make or break your view of a hotel and I hope that you understand we try and limit any guest complaints during a stay. We do have a security guard that assists in monitering the hotel on the weekends and if you do ever choose to stay with us again, please make sure to contact the front desk for any issues you may be having during your stay so we can make sure we are attending to each and every guests needs. Every day our team works hard to exceed our guest's expectations. We appreciate all feedback to the hotel so that we can communicate your feedback to our staff, as every comment back to us, both positive and negative, will only make us stronger as a team and help us to improve all areas of the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and it is my hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.
san francisco
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Overall just a typical average springhill suites. Nothing particularly unique about the property. The breakfast is what you expect for a free breakfast. Location is very convenient and easy to find. My biggest complaint would be the noise level. I have never seen a hotel with such thin walls. You can literally hear everything in the halls and in the rooms next door. It gets very annoying, very quick when your trying to sleep at night.

The pool area was just okay but always seemed to be messy and out of towels. The room itself was nicely furnished but it was the little things like the cheap pillows or the paper thin sheets that were really tacky. Maid service was extremely sloppy as two days in a row the maid didn't even put new towels on the racks when she cleaned.

Overall its just an okay property but definitely could use some improvements. The price was right so I can't complain too much. I would stay here again if i could get another cheap rate but definitely not my first hotel choice in southfield.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ericsf
GMSHSSouthfield, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for staying at the Springhill Suites by Marriott during your last visit to Southfield, Michigan. We understand that you have a choice when you travel, and we’re so glad that you chose us for your accommodations. It was our pleasure to have had you stay with us. Every day our team works hard to exceed our guest's expectations. It is our goal to not only meet all of our guest's needs and expectations, but to also exceed them. After reading your review I do see that this time, this did not happen and for that I apologize. We would like to be your first choice for hotels in the Southfield area and any feedback you have given us will help us to improve the hotel. The housekeeping comments you have made in regards to the sloppy housekeeping service have been addressed with our staff as well as the pool area looking messy. We hope that the next time you are in the area and stay with us, you will see the improvements we are making at the hotel. We appreciate all feedback to the hotel so that we can communicate your feedback to our staff, as every comment back to us, both positive and negative, will only make us stronger as a team and help us to improve all areas of the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and it is my hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 November 2012

My company has it's HQ in Southfield, so many of us travel to the area frequently. I always stay at the Springhill Suites and I have never been disappointed. I was really happy that they finally put in flat screen tv's and replaced the coffee makers with one-cup styled machines. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. They have everything you need for a longer stay (mini fridge, microwave, nice work desk, sofa, etc). The a/c & heat can be a little loud, but that's my only negative. The breakfast is one of the better hotel assortments - plenty of eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, etc. Next door is a Tim Hortons and a deli.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the top. I never heard traffic rooms closer to NW Hwy.
1 Thank cynterslave
Illinois
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I was visiting my grandchildren in Hamtramck. Due to the after effects of Hurricane Sandy winds, the electricity went out. With 2 little ones I decided to get a hotel with electricity for however long it was going to take. This hotel was awesome in being kind and helping us find 2 rooms so quickly. I am a Marriott Platinum and used to staying in top Marriott lines, so was very pleased to see how clean, well kept, and nice this Springhill Suites was in Southfield MI. We will definately come back to stay here when we have a
chance.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I travel to the area for business once a year and always enjoy staying at the Springhill in Southfield, MI - the staff are always friendly (especially the lady who puts out the breakfast) and the room rates are excellent considering how upscale the hotel is.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I travel a lot refereeing Ice Hockey throughout the East and Midwest, and stay at a lot of Hotels. This one for the price is very hard to beat. We usually try and save as much as possible for scheduling hotels; and this hotel is a bargain for what you get. The lobby is nice, elevators convenient. Not to mention the rooms are extremely clean, and the rooms are very spacious. We had a fridge in ours which is a trivial feature I think many forget, this is important to me. Not to mention free Wi-Fi is very nice for these hotels. Most in this price range do have it; however the nicer ones tend not to have it and make you pay. You get a one day complimentary wireless. Beds are comfortable, and very important to me is the location. This is located in a great area to travel, not to mention a safe one. Other than that, pretty simple with a pool. The breakfast was just acceptable, not any eggs, bacon, or sausage just yur basic pastries, cereal, and some fruit with juices. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.