“Very nice but thin walls”

SpringHill Suites Detroit Southfield
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We were visiting on a girls shopping trip. The hotel itself was lovely, clean, etc. Staff were very helpful. Unfortunately, partiers in the next room made it very difficult to sleep. As we were women travelling alone, we were nervous about complaining but by 3am it was impossible not to. The front desk dealt with our issue immediately.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor and don't wait to complain about noise!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 January 2014

It's true, service is everything. I was treated with respect and the staff made sure to go above and beyond in finding me a nice room when I asked for a free upgrade and when it was warm in the work out room, they quickly asked the maintenance staff to adjust the thermostat to my desired setting. That request was fulfilled in minutes.

There were a couple curls in the wallpaper in the stairwells, but otherwise I feel the hotel has been kept up very nicely. The FREE breakfast was very good and well presented. It was far better then I expected and have had a in a long time.

The holster that had my door key said that the FREE internet was free in the lobby and I began to grown, but when I tested it in my room and the workout room it worked well in those areas. I was on the third floor so I'm pretty sure the internet had been upgraded to the entire hotel. It worked well too. I've been at a lot of hotels that advertise free internet but don't work very well. This was great. I was able to search the web and watch my netflix! Oh Netflix, what would I do without you?

The fitness room was nice. The elliptical needed some maintenance as it squeaked pretty badly, however it did work. The treadmills both worked as well.

I really appreciated that each room has a separated sitting area (hence the name of the hotel) but having a little bar with microwave, sink and refrigerator was also especially handy.

I hope to be back to this hotel!

Room Tip: They have a couple rooms that are a little bigger than the others. If you ask, I'm sure they wil...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Jill L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Very Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful accolades as it is our goal to ensure that every guest has a positive experience just as you have. I must agree that our staff is hard working and among the very best in Southfield.

You've stated some minor flaws with regards to our exercise equipment. Good News! We are getting all new equipment, so hopefully be the time that you stay with us again all of the equipment will be brand new.

Thank you again for taking the time out of your valuable day to say nice things about our hotel.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Our room was on the 3rd floor and we didn't hear any noise except for the occasional door slamming. The layout was good, a seating area separate from the bedroom area. The loveseat should be replaced, it has done its job. The sink is outside of the bathroom. The water is very hard.
The breakfast was wonderful. Eggs and sausage patties and fresh fruit and the cinnamon muffins were very good. The ladies who worked in the breakfast area were very nice and kept things stocked.
Check-in and check-out went smoothly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank love_those_wings
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed at the Springhill for two nights with the three granddaughters. Rooms were clean and the staff friendly. Good selection on the breakfast bar.

Only have two negatives:
First, the maid didn't clean the room until late afternoon. They may have been full, but I couldn't tell from the near half full parking lot.
Secondly, (and I know the hotel has no control over this) it drives me crazy when people come down to the breakfast and then monopolize the seating for the next 2 hours while they read the paper and use their computer. They are completely oblivious to their surroundings. I've seen this at other inns but it was apparent on both mornings at SpringHill

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I had a room at this hotel for one night while I was in the area on business. My last hotel experience (at a different hotel one mile away) in Detroit was horrible. Needless to say, my expectations were not very high. I was pleasantly surprised. This hotel is clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was good, and the room was spacious. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I had my reservation book at this hotel. I didn't stay! Dirty room, very over prices for the condition of room. Went to the desk to check out they charged me for 1 night when I wasn't in room for more than 5 min! Very rude staff.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Tmckee125
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I booked this site unseen through the CAA/AAA. When the agent told me the rate and that it was a 3 Diamond I thought that she had either made a mistake or that the rating was old. The hotel is immaculate. We were warmly welcomed at the desk and when we opened the door to our room we gave a collective "wow". The room and the hotel was spotless. The motel was quiet and in a quiet area. We liked the fact that it was a suite with microwave and fridge. The staff who managed the breakfast and the cleaning staff were very friendly and you could tell that they were glad to be employed there. This is on our list of places to return to. This was a first Springhill experience so we will definitely be looking for them when vacation time comes. Don

Room Tip: Plan ahead. Call the CAA/AAA and if there are any deals on. Don't shy away from the big chains...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple