“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Barbecue, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My cousins took me to this place and the food and service were outstanding. I will go to this place every time I go to Detroit. Their needs to be more places like this to get a meal and also I had some healthy food. I would recommend this place and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I stopped in to get some dinner and fell in love! Not only did I have some good fried catfish, collard greens and mac n cheese, I also had a nice cocktail while I was waiting for a table. They have a bar called The Side Bar. It serves great drinks. Its a small place, but the food, bar and staff make up for it.

1  Thank Toi N
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Found Beans & Cornbread on the Internet while searching for a soul food restaurant to visit on our weekend trip to Detroit.

The location was easy to find in a well marked shopping plaza and the restaurant was packed with a lunch time crowd on Saturday. When we told our wonderful waitress we were visiting from out of state, she recommended several dishes and explained them thoroughly.

We had smothered pork chops and the Bayou Combo (friend catfish that melted in your mouth, salmon patties and fried pork chops). There were many sides to choose from but you cannot leave without trying the collard greens. They are a MUST. The dessert selection was very good (we chose the carrot cake). Meal cost was reasonable ($16 pp) especially for the quality of food and service you receive; atmosphere was also nice.

If you are in the Detroit area, take the time and visit Beans and Cornbread. It is located in Southfield near 12 Mile & Northwestern. We're sure glad we found it and we'll be back!

2  Thank JoAnnR411
Reviewed 30 July 2013

If you enjoy soul food then this is the place to check it out. Located in the suburbs of Michigan and surrounded by a lot of other restaurants within minutes of this location. You don't have to dress up. It is a very nice atmosphere and the food is good!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

beans and cornbread is one of my favorites now. I am new to the area and searched for some good soul food. This place definitely did that. It is in a very safe area and is off a major highway. I loved the food and the atmosphere. They also had take out and I found out later they have delivery to the Southfield area.