“Best Thai food around”

Bangkok Hung Cafe
Ranked #43 of 205 Restaurants in Southfield
Cuisines: Southwestern, Thai
Reviewed 4 December 2008

This is by far the best Thai food around. I have been going to this restaurant for probably ten years. My mom introduced it to me when she worked in Troy, Mi and they had another restaurant on Big Beaver just east of I-75. Its the same family that has been running it for as long as I've gone there. I live near Flint and make the 1 hour trip to this place at least twice each summer on the motorcycle when I get the craving for Thai food. I've tried probably over a dozen other restaurants in the waterford, pontiac, clarkston, Grand Blanc areas, and none of them even come close to this place. This restauant is small, and very busy through the weekday lunchtime, but it is the best. The flavors seem to come together better than any other restaurant. Everything is very fresh. The restaurant is clean. Waitstaff is always polite and fast. The Hot and Sour soup is to die for, but get there before about 2pm during the week because its usually sold out.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook