“The best corned beef in Metro Detroit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Royal Oak, Michigan
“The best corned beef in Metro Detroit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the best corned beef sandwich you'll get! Homemade Jewish rye, fresh cole slaw, cheese....yum! You can have your sandwich made to order or buy your meats and cheeses to take home. They also have sides for purchase like any deli, salad and such. They also have Hallava, cold drinks, a variety if Chios and such. Again, just a deli so you take it and go, no seating around. It is in a busy corner but there is parking out back too. Better than New York!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Take Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were heading out to the lake for a sail and decided to try this little hole in the wall for some take out sandwiches. The corn beef and pastrami were delicious. Loved the onion rolls. Counter service was fast and efficient. Food was great. Definitely recommend.

Visited May 2014
Chicago
“Please Move To Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I'm originally from the area and grew up on deli food. I now live in Chicago and have done so for the past 20+ years and in all that time have never found a deli to match those in Michigan. I don't know if it's the water but you cannot compare the corned beef in Michigan to what I get in Chicago.
Most of us ended up with corned beef sandwiches which were fantastic and not to mention the rye bread was fabulous. Even the chicken soup puts to shame the junk we get in Chicago.
Service was very good and friendly. Will I go back again, ah yeah!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aender
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Jewish Deli outside of New York City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Smoked Turkey, Corned Beef, Pickled Tomatoes, Rye Bread! Coleslaw and Potato Salads were FANTASTIC! We liked the Corned Beef the best. The salami was a hit with the kids. The Russian Dressing reminded me of my Grandmother's from the Lower East side of New York CIty when I was a little girl.

Visited December 2013
College Park, Georgia
“Excellent Tuna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

I was in town for work and a coworker suggested I try this place. He raved about the pastrami and corned beef. I had the tuna one day and the pastrami the other day, I prefer the Tuna. The pastrami was good, but the Tuna was GREAT. I also tried the banana pudding and german chocolate cake, they were alright but nothing special. I would definitely suggest going here to try one of their sandwiches if you're in town, but if you like Tuna definitely try that. The people here are friendly and they'll also let you taste the meat before you make a selection. The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't eat here I had to take my food back to work. The only other issue is that parking is hectic and VERY LIMITED. So I would suggest not going between noon and one o'clock unless you have someone available to jump out and place the order.

• Visited September 2012