“Supporting my Vegan Daughter”
Review of Southern Nosh - CLOSED

Southern Nosh
“Supporting my Vegan Daughter”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My college daughter is vegan and home visiting thus I wanted to support her. SN has quite a variety of food with excellent flavor. The Garlic green beans are phenomenal as well as the dish "Swamp Thang" lol which is vegan gumbo topped with collard greens and fried tofu sticks. The tofu sticks "almost" stat like chicken. The collard greens are delicious but with kick. Aaaand of course EXCELLENT desserts. Vegan Apple pie and cupcakes were Fabulous Realllly good (vanilla and red velvet)! Two of my family members went on to Beans and cornbread (non-vegan sister restaurant) while we dined at SN We both finished around same time and both had carry outs. I would recommend Southern Nosh to anyone interested in enjoying a great tasting meal Vegan/Vegetarian Style.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great vegan options when you're craving soul food!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Love this restaurant - the service is excellent, the food is fresh, and you don't even miss the meat! My favorites are sloppy joes and their cucumber/tomato salad. Delicious combination! The desserts are priced a bit too high for what tasted like a slice of typical blueberry pie, but I will definitely return for the food. Make a trip to Southfield to check this out!

• Visited July 2014
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Nice idea. Not the best execution. Seva and Om are more flavorful and well worth the visit.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I wanted to check out this place and thankfully came across the Groupon. I am thankful for the Groupon because I would have been disappointed paying full price for this very average food.
Avoid the pasta salad (average at best), the cole slaw (overly saturated and lack luster), green beans left a lot to be desired as far as flavors, collard greens had a bit of zing to it, may have been the better item of the lot. The soy protein chicken quesadilla with portabella mushrooms were pretty good, I still can't believe the chicken wasn't real, it tasted and had the texture of real chicken. The portabellas were pretty good as well, but I don't see myself returning to this place anytime soon.

• Visited June 2014
Warren
“Vegan southern food-delicious”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

As a vegan it is not easy finding southern food. I ordered the swamp thang which was so good! It was cornmeal breaded tofu on veggie rice with gumbo and topped with collard greens, plus it came with a side. My husband ordered the blackened tilapia and said it was the best he's ever had. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The interior is bright and clean as well. I will be going back multiple times.

• Visited May 2014
New Haven, Michigan
“Simply Delicious”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

What more can I say, the food was delicious and the price for the food was inexpensive. After eating, I did not feel extremely drained, tired, or lazy as you would usually feel after eating a very good meal. I highly recommended this restaurant and I will be back again and again!!!!

• Visited December 2013