“Southern Nosh is a find!”
Review of Southern Nosh - CLOSED

Southern Nosh
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Really great food, especially for an area where vegetarian food is scarce. Great flavors, very friendly staff.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Combining southern cooking with vegetarian options couldn't be better. I love this restaurant. Very comfortable atmosphere and great service. The chef was also very accommodating to special dietary needs. Highly recommend even if you are not a vegetarian. Gumbo and collards are outstanding.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My college daughter is vegan and home visiting thus I wanted to support her. SN has quite a variety of food with excellent flavor. The Garlic green beans are phenomenal as well as the dish "Swamp Thang" lol which is vegan gumbo topped with collard greens and fried tofu sticks. The tofu sticks "almost" stat like chicken. The collard greens are delicious but with kick. Aaaand of course EXCELLENT desserts. Vegan Apple pie and cupcakes were Fabulous Realllly good (vanilla and red velvet)! Two of my family members went on to Beans and cornbread (non-vegan sister restaurant) while we dined at SN We both finished around same time and both had carry outs. I would recommend Southern Nosh to anyone interested in enjoying a great tasting meal Vegan/Vegetarian Style.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Love this restaurant - the service is excellent, the food is fresh, and you don't even miss the meat! My favorites are sloppy joes and their cucumber/tomato salad. Delicious combination! The desserts are priced a bit too high for what tasted like a slice of typical blueberry pie, but I will definitely return for the food. Make a trip to Southfield to check this out!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I wanted to check out this place and thankfully came across the Groupon. I am thankful for the Groupon because I would have been disappointed paying full price for this very average food.
Avoid the pasta salad (average at best), the cole slaw (overly saturated and lack luster), green beans left a lot to be desired as far as flavors, collard greens had a bit of zing to it, may have been the better item of the lot. The soy protein chicken quesadilla with portabella mushrooms were pretty good, I still can't believe the chicken wasn't real, it tasted and had the texture of real chicken. The portabellas were pretty good as well, but I don't see myself returning to this place anytime soon.