The Westin Southfield Detroit
US$69
Red Roof
US$114
BestWestern.com
All reviewsheavenly bedparking garagebreakfast buffetroom service isvery nice hotelbusiness centerbusiness travelsouthfield areaenjoyed my staydetroitbellhophighwayinternetconventionbarbaramichigan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This location may be a little difficult to get to with all the 'Michigan turns', but it is quite comfortable and centrally located. Pool is perfect for kids, although it is not that big, at all. Service is excellent and staff very accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Randy_J66
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Learning that your stay at The Westin Southfield Detroit provided you with a comfortable and soothing experience makes us very happy, as we wish for all our guests to leave feeling refreshed and well-rested. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to greeting you again in the future. Stay well.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

This was my secound experience with this facility this year. On this occasion, we used their ajacent Executive Meeting Center (EMC) which is fabulous! The rooms, equipment and amenities far exceeded our expectations. In additions, the staff is excellent. There are capable,competent and solicitous. The frosting on the cake is the quality and quantity of food and refreshments that they provided. We will definitely be using them again! Thanks Henry!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Philip R

On behalf of the entire Westin Southfield Detroit team, we offer our sincerest thanks for your kind words and certitude. Knowing that our efforts made your experience at our hotel one worthy of a return visit makes us smile. Thank you for taking the time to let us know and acknowledge our associates for their attentive service. It would be our pleasure to welcome your group back anytime. Be well.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

If you get a good deal here it is worth it. I did on Priceline for $60 so that made this place a great buy. The area is good and central. It is not a pretty part of Detroit as it is near the highway but again, that makes it easy and central. The rooms are clean, great coffee maker, and nice bathtub/shower. I enjoyed the fitness room and loved the stairclimber and weights. Nice pool too if you are into that. I did not like the food much and found it to bring down the quality level of this nice hotel. Maybe I don't eat this way as I'm a healthy eater but that was tough to do. I missed the free breakfast at my last 3 star and free wifi. This place did not have helpful doormen, and it was hard to wait on lines to get to the one check in desk person. I didn't find this place easy but again, it is worth a great deal. Here is a pic of the caesar salad that is titled " Romaine Hearts" but there was maybe one heart. That is the lack of quality I'm talking about. This felt like a chain with no heart to it. No personal care as it felt like one cold business to me. I still rate it very good as it is a nice place. One example is they didn't know when I was checking out at noon so I kept having to answer my door to cleaning staff to tell them I was still there. Annoying that there isn't a communicating caring system around the little stuff.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and ice machine.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrea S

While it seems certain parts of your stay were enjoyable, it greatly concerns us to read your review, as we’ve put a great deal of thought into providing our guests with a balanced, revitalizing environment. From our SuperFoodsRx menu to our forward thinking services and amenities designed to inspire you to be your best, our hotel strives to provide an exhilarating experience for each and every one of our guests. We would hope that you would consider staying with us again so you may experience our true and renewing Westin Service. Stay well.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife, daughter and I spent a very enjoyable weekend at the Southfield Westin. Though the rooms are beginning to show their age, the hotel is nevertheless a solid four star property, clean, quiet and located in a quiet business park in an upscale suburb of Detroit. The area is strictly business park with no residential housing nearby (except for a block of Microsoft-owned townhouses for use by executives and visiting guests). We never felt unsafe or uneasy, and the hotel and its staff go to great lengths to ensure their guests' safety and comfort. A very pleasant stay, and we would not hesitate to stay here again and again. Thank you Westin Southfield!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank A K
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

At The Westin Southfield Detroit, we absolutely strive to create an exhilarating experience for each of our guests, with the hopes that they will be inspired to return and it seems we met that goal with you. Your kind words and vote of confidence give us great encouragement and we thank you for allowing us to contribute to your family’s getaway. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back and until then, be well.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I've stayed (and will stay) at this hotel frequently for business. It is part of the SPG, so you know it's good. The hotel staff is phenomenal (the housekeeper Yvonne was friendly and caring). The restaurant staff really are helpful. The front desk is great too.

My favorite though would be Michael, the porter. He really gets to know you (especially if you are a constant guest).

The hotel's location is situated very nicely in Town Center, which is literally steps from several offices. Very convenient with food places all around.

Warning, though. You literally have to smoke outside because it is a smoke-free hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jwwhite10
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Knowing that your exceptional experience at The Westin Southfield Detroit has inspired you to continue to return makes us very happy. It is our hope that each and every guest leaves feeling rejuvenated and refreshed and it seems we met that goal with you. We will be sure that our Associates are highly congratulated for their extraordinary service. Thank you for respecting the true and renewing Westin experience and our efforts to create an enjoyable experience for all. We hope to welcome you back soon. Be well.