The Westin Southfield Detroit
US$69
Red Roof
US$114
BestWestern.com
All reviewsheavenly bedparking garagebreakfast buffetroom service isvery nice hotelbusiness centerbusiness travelsouthfield areaenjoyed my staydetroitbellhophighwayinternetconventionbarbaramichigan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Staff is very accomdating. Hotel is quiet. I love their room AC units. They are very quiet and not the usual jet engine blower. The rooms are big and clean. Bed was comfortable. Would definitely stay here again if in area.
The pool area would be my only complaint. As soon as we walked into the area, we smelled chlorine and our eyes started to burn. It appeared that the HVAC unit may not have been working. This is dangerous and should be corrected. Did not stay long.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Westin Southfield Detroit with us. Your kind words about our luxurious accommodations and amenities are certainly appreciated. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you encountered in our pool area. There is no reason that you should have felt uncomfortable in that area and we will promptly look into why this was the case. Thank you for alerting us to this issue. We would love to welcome you back again in the future and we thank you for your review.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights on business. The office I was visiting was in the building, so it seemed to make sense to stay here even though the price seemed a little high for the area ($140/night). The rooms are in need of a refresh. The bathroom had mold growing around the edges of the bathtub and shower walls and the bathroom fixtures were pretty tarnished and it appeared they had not been cleaned in quite a while. Westin promotes the bedding and how comfortable it is, but I did not find the bedding to be all that comfortable. I'm also not sure why they put a heavy, thick duvet on the bed in the middle of the summer. The cooling system did not cool the room enough to even use the covers, regardless of the fact that I set it at 63 degrees. I also ate in the hotel restaurant twice. The food is not very good and the service is unbelievably slow. I was not impressed - I'll probably just stay at one of the other nearby hotels in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

We do apologize that your recent stay with us was not at all what we expect for our guests. Our rooms are meticulously cleaned and we will be sure to alert our Housekeeping Associates as to the unacceptable condition of your room. Our luxurious comforters are placed on our Heavenly Beds throughout the year, being made available to guests that feel they need them and are easily removed from the beds for those that don’t. It is definitely disappointing to hear that your stay did not fully impress you and we hope to be able to welcome you back for the exceptional stay that you deserve in the future. Thank you and be well.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff was great. Ignore the negative comments. I stayed because I was told by one of my cousins that is was a great place to stay. They were right I had no problems what so ever. I gave it a shot and I was not disappointed. I went to my uncles funeral on short notice and needed somewhere to stay close to the city. I would recommend this hotel. Plus it has free parking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We are so pleased to hear that your stay at The Westin Southfield Detroit added a bit of comfort to an otherwise challenging time during your visit to Detroit. Thank you for sharing how much you appreciated our attentive Associates and comfortable accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future during better circumstances and we hope you will pass our thanks along to your cousin for their recommendation. Stay well.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Pleasantly surprised by this hotel... Ignore all the negative comments... helpful staff... clean beautiful rooms, breakfast buffet well worth the price... parking free... thanks Jason for the great choice of room

Room Tip: corner rooms are larger... upper floor facing the back would be my choice
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We certainly do appreciate hearing from our guests and learning that their stays were refreshing and comfortable. It is our top priority to provide our valued guests with an exceptional experience and it makes us very happy to read that we met that goal with you. Please come and stay with us again soon at The Westin Southfield Detroit and we thank you for your review. Be well.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am so frustrated with this hotel. I made an online reservation for work in May for a July stay. I had to cancel and change hotels per work. I called and cancelled in June. I realized I was charged for the room in August with my statement. I called and disputed the charge. I was told they had no record of my calling and the charge stands. I called the corporate and they said they had no control over the hotels and their charges. I have since called the hotel twice to speak with the accounting manager and have received no return call. The corporate told me it is your word against theirs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dakotainillinois

We do hope that this situation has since been handled to your satisfaction and apologize for any miscommunications or inconveniences on our part that may have caused any challenges to your plans. If the situation deems more investigation on our part, then be assured that we will be diligent in finding the answers necessary to provide closure. Thank you for reaching out to us with this issue. Stay well.