Stayed for 3 nights during a business trip. Traveled all over Detroit and though this was a little out, it was easy to get around. It is about 40-minutes from the airport and 25-minutes to downtown.
The hotel is part of a business park and a little confusing to get too due to the traffic situation. Check-in is easy. Not that busy in Detroit area these days. I use Priceline extensively to bid and got 2-rooms for $75/night. Very good deal.
The rooms were well appointed and large. There were some cleaning issues in the restroom, but only the first day. The room overall was very clean. Best beds in the hotel industry.
workout room was great. New machines and not busy. Pool was great too.
Did not like breakfast buffet. Food was stale and had sat around too long. next morning ordered off of menu and it was great. Ruths Chris Steakhouse is just down the street. Fantastic little Thai restuarant in a strip center near the hotel that was an awesome find.
Did not have to pay for parking. I self-parked in the building next door and was an easy walk. Good way to safe a few sheckels
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the quiet suburbs and only being 20 minutes from downtown, The Westin Southfield Detroit is near many Fortune 500 headquarters and with access to the Southfield Town Center's 5 corporate towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Southfield Detroit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Southfield Detroit Hotel Southfield
- Westin Southfield Detroit
- Southfield Westin