All reviews heavenly bed parking garage room service is breakfast buffet very nice hotel business center business travel enjoyed my stay detroit highway internet showerhead convention barbara michigan
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

- Room good
- musty smell that comes from air unit/ blower
- beds are very comfortable
- wifi extremely poor (have to stand near the door if you want wifi)
- bathrooms pretty standard (minimal towels, and supplies provided)
- brown spots/water damage on the ceiling

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
WestinStaff, Front Office Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for providing feedback about you recent visit to the Westin Southfield Detroit. We will share your concerns with the appropriate departments for future growth and development, and hope to see you back for a renewing visit nthe future.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed in room 942. Wi-Fi was barely detectable and kept kicking me off. On all 3 devices I was using. In the morning it completely disappeared! Thermostat seemed to either shut off overnight or reset so woke up hot. Very bad night sleep as a result. Front desk was very pleasant and helpful and she clued me into the fact that many people do complain that the road noise from freeway is too loud so she switched me to other side of hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
WestinStaff, Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for choosing to day with us here at the Westin Southfield-Detroit. We're very sorry to hear you experienced less than spectacular internet service, and there was an issue with the room's air conditioning. We will address both concerns with our staff. Conversely, we are happy to hear our front desk staff were very helpful and expressed their passion for helping our guests. We hope we were able to meet your expectations once your room move was complete. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I stay at the Southfield Westin one week a month for business. I always stay here. It is perfectly located for me as I park my car and never have to move it as my business is just 2 towers away and I am able to walk it. When my work day is over I look forward to returning to my room to relax. The rooms are spacious, have everything you need, iron, desk, 50inch TV, couch, chairs, and more but what I love the most is the plush bed covers and comfortable bed. If you have to be away from home for any length of time a comfortable bed is extremely important to get a good night's rest so that you can be alert and rested for your work day.Staff is friendly and helpful, restaurant, bar and other amenities all under one roof. No need to leave the hotel. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

We are glad that you chose the Westin Southfield Detroit. We know how much our guests enjoy the Heavenly Bed; rainfall shower head, and are glad that our high level of cleanliness was noticed. We look forward to welcoming you back to your relaxing home away from home!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. Large room, new modern furnishings, clean and pristine. The staff were also all nice and helpful. Location is right next to the highway so very convenient. Looking forward to my next trip.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

We are glad that you chose the Westin Southfield-Detroit. We are glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in all aspects! Thank you for noticing our recent renovations as well as the passion our staff puts into serving our guests. We look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Decent overnight stay. The room was very clean and I enjoyed the restaurant! Overall, I would say my stay was pleasant, but there seemed to be a lot going on in the hotel. It was very loud on my floor. There were lots of kids running around and music playing. Normally, this would not bother me and I would not have complained; however, I was very tired after driving more than three hours. I did not catch his name, but the gentleman at the desk moved me to a higher floor around 11 PM. I was able to get some sleep before getting up at 7:30 AM. I was looking for peace and quiet and frankly I did not get much value out of the stay being there one night and having to move my belongings twice. Honestly, I would have reservations of returning in the future unless I want to be bothered with noise.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
westinsouthfield2016, Front Office Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent visit to the Westin Southfield Detroit. We are glad to hear that you found our high level of cleanliness standards to be satisfactory and that you got to enjoy a meal in our restaurant, Tangos. We aim to provide each of our guests with a restful night’s sleep and are glad that our front desk agent assisted with helping you find a quiet room. We do hope that you give us the opportunity to regain your trust in the future.