“Wonderful location”

Red Roof Inn Southfield
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel is an awesome place love the superior king rooms .they have free wifi and a 37 in flat screen tv plus a mini fridge and lots more.staff is wonderfully trained . Welcoming me with a bottle of cold water and great service. The prices are great for a king room

Room Tip: Superior king makes you feel right at home
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Chris F

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Spencer is really nice and was kind and really quick to help us with any problem we had.Very quiet and peaceful place to be,the rooms are a little small but they are nice and clean,can't wait to come back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ranada d
Reviewed 21 March 2014

nice hotel i just checked in with spencer, Im very pleased with how he treat me. im a monthly traveller and I greatly appreciate the comfortably he showed me. There were a few noises later after I checked in in the parking lot but I didnt complain. I know where im at!

3  Thank bfbrandy
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Not the fanciest place but its great for the price, the front desk staff was very helpfull except for the afternoon girl sarina, she was talking on the phone as she was checking me in. I came later that night and talked to spenser about her, I believe he was the manager he was very polite and willing to do whatever to make me and my partner happy.he gave me a 15 percent discount and He also gave me a complimentary water bottle and a MapQuest to where I needed to go. The rooms were clean but seen a hair on the bed. The housekeepers need to be wearing hairnets. But in all seriousness, great place for the price I'm happy with my stay.

3  Thank terrytightpants
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Rooms somewhat clean but there were no towels in room...... Spenser was great help offered comp water and was very friendly....... The only complaint is there were some old fries on the floor.........

Room Tip: Book on priceline.... a little cheaper
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I checked in late night at 11:55 with my girlfriend and told the front desk I need a clean room and (Spenser) was an excellent help. He offered me a water bottle and he made me feel very comfortable. Room was clean and we had nothing to complain about. Good rates.

Room Tip: Superior king size is a Great room for business travelers
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fred J
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The first room we stayed in smelled like smoke. Later that night, I found two bed bugs in my bed crawling across my blanket. They switched our room no problem after showing them pictures of the bed bugs found in the bed. The second room is even more dingy than the first. The front door does not close correctly or easily. It also smelled like smoke. And the bathroom looks horrible- cracks in the bathtub, toilet looks eternally dirty, and the door does not shut at all. In addition, the internet was so horrible during the day that I had to go to Starbucks to get any work done. Kudos to those who had great rooms here but for the most part, this is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Sleeping with the lights on tonight...

2  Thank OnTourTraveling