“Trip to see a Tigers night game”
Review of SpringWood Suites

SpringWood Suites
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Owosso, Michigan
“Trip to see a Tigers night game”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A little disappointed- but you do get what you pay for – cost $133.00. We needed to find a room that accepted 6 people - my husband and traveled with our young daughters and one of their friends. This was the only place near the ballpark that was available.

Good points: 1. All of their Staff was courteous and polite. 2. Easy On/Off expressway access. 3. Rooms were as clean as I would expect for the aging abused rooms. 4. Large spacious Suites with kitchenette and 2 bathrooms. A cute room lay-out.

Poor Points: 1. The rooms are VERY USED and ABUSED. 2. Rooms lacked enough bedding for the pull-out bed (ran out of blankets even though we requested them at arrival). 3. Staff didn’t follow through on their promise to delivery bedding before they ran out. The girls slept with extra sheet as a substitute for blankets 4. Restaurant choices were a little farther away than we expected. 5. They didn’t have Hotel book/guides in the room showing their amenities or local restaurants, etc. 6. No screens on the windows. 7. No Coffee maker or cups . (The coffee packets were there, as if someone took them out to the room.) I told them at check out – they apologized. 8. The larger bedroom suite didn’t have a TV. (one in the room with the sofa pull-out and one at the upstairs bedroom). 9. VERY Large scorch mark on the wall near stove.

It is too bad management doesn't remodel, as their Suites/rooms could be very nice and is perfect for larger families traveling together, but the rooms appeared to have been abused by irresponsible party people. Too Bad. I won’t stay there again.

Room Tip: I think this is a PARTY hotel - even though the noise level during our stay was average. They req...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linmae
Ajay D, General Manager at SpringWood Suites, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We regret that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We have corrected the issues you had outlined in your feedback. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. Regards, Ajay Dutt, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Southfield
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here for 1 night only because that's all I could take. I originally booked the place for 4 nights and I thought I got a pretty good deal. The manager told me he would give it to me for 80 a night. After being uncomfortable all night due to a critter making noise in the wall and the tub dripping. The bad smell the furniture needing upgraded the fuzzy picture in the TV. The toilet making noise. Holes in the sheet and stains in the floor ... I decided to check out the next day. Mind you I checked in late due to I was coming from out of town. The manager decided that he would not honor my 80 a night and charged me an extra 120 bucks. Saying I was checking out early and I could not get the discounted rate. They should have been paying me to stay there! I decided that the extra 120 was not worth and I might as well just keep the room for the 4 nights. He then told me I couldn't because he had just sold it to someone else. He was ver unprofessional. And so was the lady at the front desk. I advise no one to ever stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Tamika W
Ajay D, General Manager at SpringWood Suites, responded to this review, 3 June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Southfield hotels

Roseville, Michigan
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I made reservations by phone so that everything was correct - even requested and confirmed a room with a fireplace. When I got there they required a CASH deposit and expected me to go to an ATM to withdraw it for them. The first room they put me in had no fireplace. They moved me rooms and it was just a mess. Coffee, but no coffee pot. Ironing board, but no iron. The remote for the tv didn't work - neither did the telephone. When you sat on the couch the cushions completely caved in. The fireplace was a wood fireplace - was not told to bring my own lumber and fireplace tools. When I asked for extra blankets and pillows - I was told there were none. We were looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub that the site had listed, but no one ever mentioned that it is closed until the end of may. The place was dirty with chipped walls, peeling paint, and stains all over the carpet. One of THE WORST hotels I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in a lot!) and I will never go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Courtney S
Ajay D, General Manager at SpringWood Suites, responded to this review, 21 May 2014