“Tidy and Friendly Business Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Detroit-Southfield
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Tidy and Friendly Business Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

We stayed here on a business trip for two nights. The staff were very cheerful and friendly. No breakfast room service but great buffet and will cook eggs to order. Room was updated, clean and comfortable. Friendly bar at night was perfect. Nice little lobby for budget hotel. We had a great corporate rate. Will use to this place when we are in this area.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

My stay was during a bad winter storm and the office I was visiting was closed due to that for 1 of the day's of my trip. The staff from Manager to cleaners were great, they even opened the restaurant for me at lunch as I had no means of going out to find something to eat. The room was great, the complimentary internet is a reason I book HGI's ahead of other chains, and the microwave n room is a nice touch. Customer service of the highest level!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

I stayed here for a business trip this week and the hotel met all my expectations and needs. Easy to find, about 35 minutes from the airport, extremely friendly staff, good food, comfortable bed, and free Internet. I also received a free bottle of water at check-in and they had free cookies at the desk every evening for the taking.

My room was clean, roomy and had a nice flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. I loved that the free internet was so easy to use... and the fact that it was FREE! Plenty of towels and toiletries in the bathroom each day. The restaurant had good food and the server was friendly. I also used the business center to print my airline ticket, the only complaint was that the one printer was broken without any sign about it, so I had to move to the other PC.

I'd most certainly stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

Just returned from a business stay at the HGI Southfield. I have no complaints and the hotel fully met my expectations. It was easy to find, located near major roadways, about 40 minutes from the airport. Check-in was easy and I was given a small bottle of Fiji water for being a Hilton Honors member (plus coupons for 1 additional bottle for each day of my stay). The plate of cookies and basket of local apples at the front desk were a nice treat.

Room 310 was clean with 2 beds, desk, flat screen tv, mini-fridge, microwave & coffee maker. It is located nearer to the road side of the hotel but noise was not an issue. Connection to the Free wireless internet access was effortless. I think they use some kind of air freshner in the heat/ac unit located under the window because it smelled similar to having my car after taking it to the car wash. Not awful but I could have done without it.

Room service for dinner was prompt and delivered hot. The salad was cold & crisp. Breakfast in the "restaurant" was also fine, consisting of the usual coffee, juices, danish, yogurt, fruit, toast, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, omelettes etc. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

I travel frequently for business and I've stayed at this location a couple of times. Each time my experience was enjoyable. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast and dinner service were exceptional. The lounge area was warm and inviting. I would highly reccomend this hotel to any business or leisure traveler.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. 5th floor room. Upon leaving I noticed bed bug bites! I'd post the pictures, but I feel they're pretty graphic. Stay Away!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
7 Thank HotelElite
Grand Rapids Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

It was a good value. The price was lower than some nearby Hamptons.

The pros: room was typical and fine. The bed was very comfortable. Had microwave and mini-fridge. The breakfast was nothing special but it was better than a Hampton. The chef was friendly and cooked an excellent omelet. Free internet is a BIG plus to me.

There was little I could put my finger on, but it's also underwhelming somehow. Maybe it was the female desk clerk with the bare arms and the tattoos. Maybe it was that there seemed to be no one else working the breakfast. Maybe it was the fact I pre-ordered a foam pillow (I'm allergic to feathers) and it never arrived.

If you are price-sensitive, it's a good value. However, if you are looking for an exceptional experience, I'm not sure this is it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business