“One good night; one not so good”

Hilton Garden Inn Detroit-Southfield
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed 5 June 2013

After discovering my other choice of lodging for two nights had been the site of a drug/prostitution bust in the Detroit area, I switched to this Hilton property in Southfield. A nice property, it's a bit isolated but has a restaurant/bar on-site. The room was quite nice BUT the 2nd night, when returning from a very long work day, the key didn't work and it took 10 minutes to get a replacement. When I entered, I discovered housekeeping had rifled through my stuff (didn't take anything but still... ), replaced towels I wanted to re-use and forced me on a safari to find items I left deliberately in specific spots. Not sure I'd go back...

2  Thank Anne P

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Very professional staff and close enough to Detroit to visit and have fun and far enough to be safe and not to worry about the ungly side of Detroit. The surrounding area is great for eating and shopping or even a nive round of golf.

2  Thank Esley C
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The service was excellent from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out. The room was clean, the location is not far from the airport and the quality of sleep surpassed my expectation. The rates are also affordable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tina C
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 2 nights in May. The hotel lobby and rooms are lovely, clean and welcoming. There are several stores nearby, including a Meijer, which is handy. The hotel was in the middle of a commerical park, so nothing really within walking distance. There was a lovely pool, but we avoided it as it was busy. The only negative experience we had was with our room keys. When we got up to our room just after checking in, they did not work. We went down to the desk and had them programmed again, and they worked. The next day, we left to do a few things, coming back around 5pm, and our keys failed to work again. Once again, the hotel reprogrammed them, but it was just a hassle.
We would definitely stay at this hotel if we needed to stay in Southfield again. It definitely does the job for a two night stay.

Room Tip: We were in the "low" numbers of the 2nd floor (201, 202, etc) which was right next to a st...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea K
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I took a group of High School Robotics students to Michigan for a World Championship and the hotel staff treated them as if they were fromm their home town. They cheered them on and asked how we did when we got back, and even helped to throw an impromptu party for them after the competition. Staff was excellent and the hotel was great.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is the 2nd time I've stayed here on business. The hotel's lobby and atmosphere is nice. Both times my room was nicely appointed, quiet and very clean. Since I was here on business, having free interent was important as I work late into the evening. I prefer plugging into the internet versus wireless; the hotel provided both options. Nice.

1  Thank Robbin R
Reviewed 10 May 2013

While the hotel is decent, the dining area is blank. My room was entered despite having the Do Not Disturb on the door and management response was less than enthusiastic. I would stay again, but I will certainly use a hidden camera to watch my stuff next time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo