“GREAT STAY!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Detroit-Southfield
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel was amazing. Clean, great staff...very sincere and accomodating. The room was extremely clean and the type of room that you love to stay in. The was very comfortable, great coffee selection (Kuerig), tv and internet was exceptional. I was here for 3 days at a business conference and I am a vegetarian. The food service staff was amazingly helpful in making sure that I had a great vegetarian meal. The asked me what did I want and I told them I love salads especially mexican style....They made me a special veg taco salad that was AWESOME!!! Great stay at the HILTON!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Staying in a business hotel on weekends can be a pleasure as rates are down. I spent a Friday-Saturday stay and the property was filled. Staff is very good, rooms are nice but could use some upgrading. The surrounding area is filled with businesses (great for walking my service animal) and it's necessary to get in the car to go to dinner - or eat on-site, which I did. I chose a "light" meal of a quesadilla that was so big it sated me for two evenings and the balance was left for the "less fortunate". This is my second stay here and I never did get to try the breakfast as my weekend work required an early departure. Would I stay here again? Maybe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I just spent two nights there. Clean room, friendly staff, good breakfast. Average business hotel. There isn't anything to walk to so you have to eat in our drive. The elliptical machine in the fitness room needs major servicing.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank G. M
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff is very professional and friendly. The hotel is clean and well maintained. Proximity to busy highway can be loud at times. The quality of food served during breakfast and dinner timeframe is of good value. The hotel offers complimentary internet access and free USA newspapers each morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We arrived very late on a Thursday night and check in was a breeze. Our room was somewhat small and a little crowded (2 double beds, desk, chair, small fridge, microwave). It was clean and although it's located off Interstate 696, we didn't hear much noise from traffic. The bathroom was also small and sort of dark in the shower area. The furnishings are very nondescript.

In a nutshell, I have to say that the hotel itself is nothing special. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly, and the beds were comfortable (although small). We happened to be staying over a weekend when the weather was beautiful so it was nice to be able to sit outside in their patio area, off the pool, and enjoy the nice weather (with a view of the parking lot). We like to run when we travel and although the hotel is located in a business park type of area, we found a loop through a small park nearby that was safe and convenient for running. It's definitely not a "destination" hotel. It was convenient for us because of the location.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I always look forward to staying at any Hilton Garden Inn in the country. It is like coming home for some serious rest and relaxation. Fortunately, the front desk was patient with me when I goofed up with using my room key. The gentleman from the front desk came up to assist me. He was all smiles and showed me what to do properly. I apologize for inconveniently having him come up. He assured me that it was all part of the job. My room was comfortable and pleasant. The next morning I woke up well rested. At both of my breakfasts, I was greeted warmly. Both mornings I enjoyed my meals and of course the professionalism of the entire staff of the hotel. They really know how to treat a client. Thank you again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Travel to Detroit area usually one time a year. Was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel and the surrounding areas, compared to previous trips to Detroit. Very clean, Suburban area. Make-to-order breakfast needed more kitchen staff to handle the demand, but was handled by wait staff appropriately.