“great hotel manager”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Toronto, Canada
“great hotel manager”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We also stayed at the hotel the night of the chaos with the fire alarm being pulled twice. The manager was extremely helpful and tried his best to accommodate people who were affected by the noise. He was calm, kind, and seemed to be there day and night for the entire weekend. He resolved our issue fairly and tried very hard to keep things running efficiently.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is older, but well kept. The breakfast was good, the rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again when visiting the Detroit area in the future. It was a large group and they were accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dana Point, California, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Apparently and unbeknownst to is, this hotel caters to youth sports teams. While we were there, kids staying there for a hockey tourney were screaming and running around the public area while their parents enjoyed the manager's cocktail reception. The fire alarm was pulled TWICE which caused us to evacuate our rooms. Then they couldn't fix the PA system with the flashing strobes so this went on until in each room and the hallways until well after 10:30 pm. Earlier, I personally stopped several boys from throwing rocks that they had taken out of the garden area. I suggest that Hilton make a choice as to whom they want as guests. Rowdy kids or well seasoned travelers. Will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Judy M
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I am so sorry if there were some of guests who were rowdy and disruptive. I especially would like to apologize that our staff did not resolve this issue promptly. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our security team regarding your comments. . I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Gail M.

Travellers are raving about these Southfield hotels

Seattle WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

My uncle died unexpectedly at a time when the Detroit Marathon, the ALCS, and a major youth hockey tournament were taking up a lot of space in Detroit area hotels. The staff of this hotel moved some people around in order to ensure that my mother, who uses a walker, had the appropriate shower she could use during the stay. When she arrived, the desk clerk who had made this happen greeted her by name and told her that she had the handicapped room with the walk-in shower, just as she needed. At a terrible time, this small kindness was so wonderful I cannot express my gratitude enough.

Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Southfield Embassy Suites was a great overnite stay as usual. I stay in this hotel on all my trips to Detroit. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the hot breakfast is a great perk. I'll be staying here again on my next Detriot trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Washington, DC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This Embassy Suites is really a fantastic value: free hot breakfast, free parking, free internet, amazing - what more can you ask for? Well, the only thing I would ask for are sound proof windows, as the hotel sits right on the freeway. If you are a light sleeper, bring your heavy duty ear plugs. Other than that, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Columbus, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

The suites are very roomy. The hotel rooms were very quite. The breakfast with the made to order food is awesome. The hotel rooms are clean but well worn. I would stay at this hotel again. The staff is very friendly and helpful.