Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The room smelled of mildew. The carpet was stained. Our room must have been very near a service elevator which ran up and down all night, keeping us awake. Location was great. Hotel looked great from all first appearance's. after closer inspection the hotel looked well used thru-out. Also seemed too be overbooked.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESMGMT, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our Housekeeping team to ensure this does not happen again. We are currently undergoing a complete renovation of our hotel including our rooms. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our great location and that our staff did a great job of delivering quality service to you. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had our family reunion 4th of July weekend 2014 - this hotel was great, the two-room suite is a great choice; it was very clean and spacious. The manager's reception adds a nice touch...the only not so good thing to say is the liquor selection but it is free so you really can't complain. We used the Woodward banquet room for our party and the food was outstanding.

1  Thank Timeco C
Reviewed 9 July 2014

As usual, the Embassy Hotel/Suites provided my family with excellent accommodations and breakfast. They continue to strive for perfections in all areas of service. From the check in to check out, the staff was extremely helpful. Even with reservations, the service was above average. The staff is extremely well trained and demonstrate professionalization when assisting customers.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was visiting Detroit for my birthday and too see family. I chose this hotel because for one, I'm a member and because it was the only one that could accommodate 6 adults with room for quests in one room. I got the presidential suite and yes it was nice, but for the price I expected a little more. The beds were very comfortable and the large Jacuzzi was great. I had an issue soon as I walked in with the sink in the lil bar area, but they came and fixed it immediately, although, it was still dripping the whole time we was there. The other thing was the furniture can be upgraded, the mattress on the sofa bed was awful, they shouldn't even have that for anybody too try too sleep on. Overall, everything was great, the breakfast (I got a special birthday omelet) , the manager's complimentary drinks (whenever we was there), the hotel staff, etc.. I believe everybody knew it was my birthday because I announced it all over Detroit, lol. I had an awesome time!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel feels like it hasn't been renovated since the late 1980s. The first room we were given smelled like smoke even though I believe this is a non-smoking hotel. The second room was adequate, but felt outdated and not fully clean. It wasn't dirty, but it didn't feel clean either. Most of the employees were friendly and the food at the bar was very good. The banquet food was below average (bland chicken that looked undercooked but tasted hard and flavorless, mixed vegetables that were soft and flavorless, and boiled potatoes that were hard and flavorless). I was here for a family reunion and would never stay here again since I am hoping there are more modern hotels somewhere in the area.

1  Thank Worldwideballer
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed two nights while taking enjoying a Detroit Tigers game. The Hotel and staff were very good. We would definitely stay at this Embassy Suites again. It had good access to restaurants, highways, etc.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I really wanted to show my sister how nice your hotel was. So after her wedding my wife and I made last minute reservation for 2 rooms. Super easy and I got a chance to spend a little quality time with my nieces and nephews, that I had not seen in over 6yrs.