“Looking for a horrible place to stay???” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate

Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Southgate
Ludington, Michigan
“Looking for a horrible place to stay???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

If you want to stay at a nice hotel do not come here. Unless you want horrible service, run down rooms, and managment that dont care about noise and drinking. I would not EVER stay here again. I think they just want the money and dont care about service whats so ever

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mike d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Been staying here for work last 3 weeks, week one found 2 bottles of pills behind the nightstand and a small needle for checking blood sugar in my bed. Week two, different room shower pressure was so low I could have cleaned better with the sink. Week three, i just found a crack cocaine pipe in the room. I didn't know what it was until I took it to the desk where multiple people informed me and I promptly washed my hands. ALL of the rooms were filthy as if cleaning is a weekly event if that. Staff has a hard time speaking/understanding English. Wifi is broken all the time, if work would pay for a better place I would leave ASAP. Do not stay here. Motel 6 on northline road in southgate Michigan

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank screenamerequired

Travellers are raving about these Southgate hotels

Custer
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

O
Both of our beds presented with wrinkled sheets. The towels were thin, gray and rough feeling towel. The rug was dirty. The furniture was scarred and there were old cigarette burns. This motelmotel a general feeling of dinginess. Don 't leave the light on for me, I won 't be back.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

The ownership of this Motel 6 is AMAZING they make sure everything is perferct for guest the front desk is wonderful help you out with anything you need and welcome you. Like how a guest should be treated I have been to many Motel 6 but nothing like this location. The lobby is unreal for a Motel 6. Recommend to everyone especially for the value you get what you pay for

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Review313
Pinckney, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

First, let me date this so others can have a reference time when reading all of these reviews I stayed at this location June 2, 2012.

After working a 16 hour day I needed a place with a shower & a bed for 3 nights rather than driving over an hour home only to turn around in 3 hours and make another hour long drive back to work. So, Motel 6 seemed to be a perfect location & cost. MISTAKE ! ! !

Filthy carpet left my feet black after walking on it. Light switch at door didn't work and housekeeping - when/if they came in, couldn't tell by looking at the place - turned off the light by the bed I left on. So I had to walk across a dark room after midnight each night to get to a light. So much for "we leave the light on"!

Shower curtain was molded & bottom of tub was black. Sitting chair was very stained. All in all a very disgusting room. Had I not been working so many hours and needed a place close by to stay I certainly wouldn't have stayed!

I realize that I didn't pay a lot for this room, however, no one should have to pay to stay in a place that probably should be shut down by the health department!

Room Tip: Don't stay here - look for another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Christina B
Taylor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed there last week with my fiancee, we checked in and she went to the room and a went back to work for a couple hrs. When I got to the room I was discussed the sheets were dirty with holes in them, when you walked on the carpet your shoes got dirty. I called the front desk and asked for another room in whitch they gave me one, the problem was that room was worst than the first. So I called customer service for the chain. I was told that the properties manager would call and straighten this out or give me a refund so I could get out of that rouch hotel. When the so called manager called it was the same women at the front desk that says shes not given a refund because we have stayed ther before and should now how that place is. I called customer service back and was told there is nothing they could do, Nice customer service? So the bottom line is if you like dirty floors nasty sheets and a manager with a attitude than stay at Motel 6 in Southgate.

Room Tip: Go across the street from motel 6
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I've gone through some rough times where I was homeless and lived at Motel 6 for a while. The staff were always polite. Nobody ever looked down on me or mistreated me. I never had any problems with anybody. The rooms were always clean. There was also free wifi which came in very useful because I was attending online college classes and was running an online store on ebay as my income. There was fresh coffee all the time and fast food and a restaurant located within walking distance. Whenever I or anybody I know needs a place to say, I tell them to stay at Motel 6 in Southgate. Good price and friendly staff and in the summer they have a nice outdoor pool.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southgate
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate
Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village

Been to Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate? Share your experiences!