“All Okay”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Southgate
Grimsby, Canada
“All Okay”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed here in late December 2012. All was okay and was what we expected. The room was clean but some of the fixtures are becoming dated.

We had a very difficult time with the Internet. Also, the room next to us seemed to have people coming and going all night long.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ruby W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Detroit
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Nice, affordable and great service! Close to home and always stay there for a little getaway. My husband and I randomly get a room locally instead of vacationing. Since our budget is low, we get a room for a weekend just to get away from home.
Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: I always get there jacuzzie room just to relax. Nice and affordable!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gail T
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed 12 February 2013

If you want to stay at a nice hotel do not come here. Unless you want horrible service, run down rooms, and managment that dont care about noise and drinking. I would not EVER stay here again. I think they just want the money and dont care about service whats so ever

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mike d

Travellers are raving about these Southgate hotels

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Been staying here for work last 3 weeks, week one found 2 bottles of pills behind the nightstand and a small needle for checking blood sugar in my bed. Week two, different room shower pressure was so low I could have cleaned better with the sink. Week three, i just found a crack cocaine pipe in the room. I didn't know what it was until I took it to the desk where multiple people informed me and I promptly washed my hands. ALL of the rooms were filthy as if cleaning is a weekly event if that. Staff has a hard time speaking/understanding English. Wifi is broken all the time, if work would pay for a better place I would leave ASAP. Do not stay here. Motel 6 on northline road in southgate Michigan

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank screenamerequired
Custer
Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

O
Both of our beds presented with wrinkled sheets. The towels were thin, gray and rough feeling towel. The rug was dirty. The furniture was scarred and there were old cigarette burns. This motelmotel a general feeling of dinginess. Don 't leave the light on for me, I won 't be back.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed 18 September 2012

The ownership of this Motel 6 is AMAZING they make sure everything is perferct for guest the front desk is wonderful help you out with anything you need and welcome you. Like how a guest should be treated I have been to many Motel 6 but nothing like this location. The lobby is unreal for a Motel 6. Recommend to everyone especially for the value you get what you pay for

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Review313
Pinckney, Michigan
Reviewed 17 June 2012

First, let me date this so others can have a reference time when reading all of these reviews I stayed at this location June 2, 2012.

After working a 16 hour day I needed a place with a shower & a bed for 3 nights rather than driving over an hour home only to turn around in 3 hours and make another hour long drive back to work. So, Motel 6 seemed to be a perfect location & cost. MISTAKE ! ! !

Filthy carpet left my feet black after walking on it. Light switch at door didn't work and housekeeping - when/if they came in, couldn't tell by looking at the place - turned off the light by the bed I left on. So I had to walk across a dark room after midnight each night to get to a light. So much for "we leave the light on"!

Shower curtain was molded & bottom of tub was black. Sitting chair was very stained. All in all a very disgusting room. Had I not been working so many hours and needed a place close by to stay I certainly wouldn't have stayed!

I realize that I didn't pay a lot for this room, however, no one should have to pay to stay in a place that probably should be shut down by the health department!

Room Tip: Don't stay here - look for another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Christina B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southgate
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southgate - Detroit Area

Been to Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate? Share your experiences!