“Best downriver for taste and price”
Review of Thai Place

Thai Place
Ranked #13 of 99 Restaurants in Southgate
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is definitely a hidden gem and I believe the best Thai cuisine in the downriver area. It is great for dine in (not for groups since they only have a small dining room) or take out. Prices are very reasonable. It was recommended by friends and have been back many times since.

3  Thank TravelnmatDetroit

Reviewed 14 February 2013

This place has a really tiny dining room. I recommend take out. They may be small on space, but BIG on flavor! Order it as hot or mild as you like. My husband found the 'mild' a little too spicy for his tastes. He now orders 'no spice' for himself. I order level 5 for myself. The staff is very nice and accommodating.

3  Thank Denise_D07
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Great place for thai food its a hidden gem. The restaurant is very small I would recommend a take out order but, the food is very good. I usually go with the chicken pad thai can't go wrong...lol

2  Thank Wally1218
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Friends suggested this restaurant to us. When we pulled up we were skeptical, when we walked in the front door to the very small seating area, even more skeptical, but, all those fears melted away with delicious meals delivered to our table, very good authentic Thia the peanut satay appetizer was very good too. Ordered the meals medium and hot, wasn't too spicy, I have had much hotter thia elsewhere, so if you like it really hot, you might want to ask them to kick it up a notch. Very reasonable prices and the portions are plentiful. Great find in Southgate for Thia, will be back again!

2  Thank ReliableRater
Reviewed 22 November 2011

With six levels of spice to choose from, everyone can customize the food to their taste. The food is very fresh and nicely prepared. There is a small dining area, but it fills up quickly. We usually get carry out and enjoy the food for a couple of meals (the portion sizes are generous). Favorites include the shrimp rolls, chicken teriyaki and pad see ew (the besy noodle dish ever!). Our whole family loves this restaurant!!!

2  Thank tripowl3

Been to Thai Place? Share your experiences!