Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
ComfortSuites
US$135
US$115
US$107
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate(Southgate)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$71
US$67
Red Roof
US$76
All reviewsdownriver areahockey tournamentgreat place to staycomplimentary breakfastthe henry ford museumshuttle serviceroom was cleanbreakfast staffwafflesexcellent staythe breakfast areawould definitely stay here againeasy accessgreenfield villagepool and hot tubconvenient locationvery nice hotel
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Newer hotel that was very clean. In town to go to Comerica Park and this hotel was a convenient location . Bed was a little uncomfortable, and other's conversations were heard clearly while in the bathroom. Price checked through all the booking websites, and really thought this was a good value based on price and location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our hat is off to Hampton for building this Hotel; the site is perfect just 9 miles from the airport with a shuttle service to and from right the Airport, And just off I-75 and Northline intersection; from this location you can drive anywhere in a short time frame
The Hampton is located in Southgate, This is one city of many that makes up the Downriver Area.
Wyandotte, Taylor, Allen Park, Lincoln Park, Riverview, Trenton and Grosse Isle. For many of years, wanting to visit my Hometown, Wyandotte, we always stayed by the airport which made things a little difficult.But a Hampton moved in this year, You will get all the amenities that Hampton has to offer. The staff were friendly and very helpful and understanding to our needs. We spent 4 days at this Hampton from 16th July till 20th July; our stay was perfect and the prices of the rooms were very reasonable , Also there are so many eateries close by. You cannot go wrong booking the Hampton if you have business or just visiting the Downriver Area. I know this Hampton is at the top- of- the list when we visit Wyandotte, Thanks Again Hampton Inn Hotels. See Ya Soon!!!!!!!!
Happy Traveling
John Scalise
Dunedin, Florida

Room Tip: Stay away from the Freeway side, if possible, very quite at night!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, well kept and attractive landscaping all in place. Definitely a must stay when in town looking for a great rate with comfort and cleanliness. The only downfall was that the a/c units in the room I had was a little loud. I don't think it really distracted me or work me up though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was on a business trip when my flight was cancelled. All hotels near the Detroit airport were filled. When I called the Hampton Inn Detroit/Southgate, the hotel sent a shuttle to pick me up. It was midnight by the time I arrived at the hotel. After a day of delayed flights and then cancelled, it was wonderful to be treated kindly by the front desk and shuttle driver. I stayed in a king suite, which was wonderful. My only disappointment was that I was too exhausted to enjoy the lovely room. The thing I like most about Hampton Inns is dependability. I have stayed in them across the U.S. for business and for personal travel and have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Although the hotel is 20 minutes from the Detroit airport, the complimentary shuttle made it easy to access the airport.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wivoyager
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just an average ho-hum hotel, nothing special. Room a/c had an annoying 'whine' when the cooling unit turned on. Beds were very firm. Don't know much about the breakfast area. It was cramped and poorly laid out, resulting in many people standing in line, blocking access to many items. Gave up on that. Seemed like they were trying to save some operating $$ because lobby, eating area and elevators were very warm. Good location, with access to I-75, about 10-15 minutes from Comerica Park. A few restaurants and limited shopping within a short drive, nothing walkable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple