“Woww this place is amazing”

Down River Coney Island
Ranked #12 of 95 Restaurants in Southgate
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Southgate, Michigan
“Woww this place is amazing”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Wow!!!!! Saw that their parking lot was full all the time recently tried it and fell in love this place is great from the staff to the food theres nothing like this in town

• Visited May 2014

“My favorite coney island!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

My friends and I have been coming to this coney island since high school. The staff are so friendly and always put up with our loud group. They have THE BEST chicken lemon rice soup ever. No where compares. Best coney downriver

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Have to try their Pink Greek dressing”
Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

I don't understand why there are such bad reviews for this place. It is a Coney Island in downriver Michigan! What do you expect?! I have eaten here so many times and have never EVER seen mice- that's absurd! At one point I came here twice a week. The waitress is so friendly to us and knows our order before we even speak. I always order their Greek dressing, if you are from out of town you HAVE to try it! There is no other like it. I dip warm pita in it. I also put it on my chicken gyro with feta and onion.

Detroit, Michigan
“NOT A GOOD EATING SPOT,,,POOR SERVICE,, FOOD JUST OK”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Well after a few years I've tried them again not much has changed the prices are higher than most coney islands and the hotdogs of which I tried several types were just ok,,see my photo's. The greek salad and gyro were good and the soup was bland. The service sucks couldn't get silverware even after the food was brought, slow service for everything and even the bill took for ever. No thank you won;t eat there again.

• Visited March 2012
New Boston, Michigan
“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!”
Reviewed 18 March 2011

First of all, the waitress was rude. Who walks up to a table of two and asks one person for their order, then turns to walk away, without even asking how he wanted his eggs, white or wheat, what type of meat, just "Ok, a #4"? Even McDonalds needs more info. Then to top things off, a mouse comes from the kitchen, around the ATM and behind the bubble gum machine. The staffs reaction...."Oh the back door is open". Never even bothered to try and find the critter or open the side door to let it out. They must be used to that sort of thing. Needless to say, my order was canceled and we ate at home.

• Visited March 2011