“Comfortable Stay”

Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Southgate
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The Holiday Inn at Southgate MI is very nice. Clean, comfortable, quiet. The service is very nice. The staff was all friendly. The breakfast and coffee were delicious. Decent price. Small bathroom but for one or two days it's not a problem.

Room Tip: request the second floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Theresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear AnnaVacations,

Thank you for your business and the great comments about your stay. Our ultimate goal, is to ensure that we can assist our guest and make them feel at home.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

In town for a wedding. Samantha check me in. Very courteous and friendly. Location was convenient to shopping. Even took the kids to a movie one night. Restaurant and Lounge was very nice. Pool very nice, but a little dirty. Spider webs on chairs and dust on floor along walls. Really noticeable when in pool at floor level. Rooms okay, bathrooms very small! A nice courtyard, even with a family of ducklings. The amenities of the hotel out way the negatives. A very nice stay!!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank kimsxe
Theresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Kimsxe,

Thank you for your resent stay. Hope you had a great time at the wedding you attened. Thank you for your business and the great compliments about Samatha. Hope to see you next time youe in the Southgate area.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

This Holiday Inn is the best place to stay in Detroit. I stay at the Holiday Inn Southgate every time I come to Detroit. The Hotel is very clean, great food, and great service. Katie that works the front desk is very nice. Katie is professional and show EXCELLANT customer service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Thanks
Ben Brooks
Seal Tech Inc.
Program Manager

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and beds are convertible, great customer service, bar and restaurant in hote...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dera Ben B,

Thank you for the great reviews on Katie. She definitely a asset to our company. Thank you also for your business. It is greatly appreicated.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Great customer service is always a priority. I travel to this area every month and have found Holiday Inn Southgate to be my best option. The rooms are always clean and the help is always courteous. Every month I stay there and really enjoy the bar, Club Charlie's, as entertainment for my employees. There is usually a live band, and usually pretty good, and the waitresses, namely Alex, are always great. They remember our names and normal drinks, as well as offering suggestions on new drinks to try. The girls at the front counter are always friendly, and are willing to share a genuine smile and laugh. Another added bonus is the exceptional breakfast buffet on the weekends. Overall, I really enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Theresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Kevin B,

Thank you so much for your return business. It great to hear the great service you continue to receive each time you stay at the Holiday Inn Southgate. We greatly appericate your business and your feedback.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed here with my sister and niece for 2 nights while attending a funeral and the staff could not have been more helpful or nicer. The room was a very good room for this class of hotel/motel. We had a nice size fridge, microwave and coffeemaker in the room. They supplied us with some complimentary bottled water. I purchased the room as a name your own price on Priceline and had done it such that I was sure it would be between this and one other hotel I had checked reviews on. I am very glad I got this one. I called and found that I had gotten a King bed and asked to change to 2 beds. They said I would have to do that upon arrival if there was one available. When I arrived they had already taken care of that, There was an excellent HOT FULL breakfast which was complimentary on weekends and if you were a PriorityClub member during the week as well. It was free to join so we also had a free breakfast Monday. Live entertainment Sat night but not too loud-couldn't hear it in our room. Would definitely stay again! Beds were very comfortable too, which is a must for my back!

Room Tip: We had room 125 which was quiet and right in the middle of the hotel. Great location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Latana H

Dear Latnana H,

Thank you for your resent stay at the Holiday Inn Southgate. Sorry for the circumstance that brought you here, but so glad to hear that in your time of loss our hotel could make it easier. and comfortable. Thanks again fro your business.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

After staying at this location numerous times, I tried to check in today and pay cash for my room. I was informed that payment via credit card is MANDATORY -- no exceptions -- for a incremental "room deposit" (even if you had no plans to order room services, order a movie etc.). The robotic scripted speech about the policy was repeated over and over again by the check in clerk and "manager" until I left in sheer disgust. Last time you will ever see me or my family at a Holiday Inn location ever.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott U
Theresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Dear Scott U,

Thank you for your comments about your experience on your last visit to the Holiday Inn, Southgate. I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced at our hotel and assure you that your review would most certainly be replied to. We take very seriously the confidence our guest place in us and we work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for bring this issuse to my attention.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I have stayed here a number of times for the points. The building is aged and a bit dated. The price is acceptable for the area and near our office. Several local spots for dining and close enough to downtown Detroit for some exploring. The resturant has a good breakfast (free to club members), lounge is good with good appetizers. The airport is also relatively close by with a van service for some local transporation if you are not renting a car. Pool area is nice as well as exersize room (basic equipment). Parking is adequate and if you are a IHG member, free access to gym next door.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Business 46,

Thank you for your resent stay at the Holiday Inn Southgate. We greatly appreciate your business. We are glad to hear that the amenities we offer are of great use to you. We also appreicate your feedback about some of the areas you felt were dated. You'll be happy to know we will be doing some renovating in the very near furture. Thanks again for your feedback an your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southgate
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Allen Park

Been to Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center? Share your experiences!