“Decent microbrew”

Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Spring Lake
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Pizza, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Old Boys' Brewhouse, Inc. Is located on the shore of Spring Lake, Michigan and is dedicated to producing only the finest hand crafted ales and lagers using the freshest ingredients. Established in 1997,
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We didn't eat here but there was a group of people having burgers and no beer - it's gotta be decent food as well, right? We sat outside on their huge deck overlooking the river. There's no shade so make sure you wear your sunscreen! We got a flight to check out the beer and ended up getting an IPA, 2 browns, and 2 stouts. They were very drinkable. None blew our minds but the beer is way better than the Odd Side brewery in Grand Haven.

There are newer reviews for Old Boys' Brewhouse

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Good choice of food with something for everyone (burgers, pizza, soup & salads). I had the white chicken chili which was spicy and flavorful, although not sure where the chicken was. My companions split a pizza- plenty for two and they loved the Mediterranean topping combo. Go for beer but don't go if you want wine (terrible made-in-Michigan choices...).

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Traveling alone, this was exactly the casual, comfortable place I was looking for. The food was good, the prices reasonable, the service attentive and friendly without being intrusive. I tried a couple of their brews and found them to be first class. The bartender gave an accurate description and followed up with a taste to make sure I liked what I was getting. Enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Our party of 10 came for dinner and were sat in the bar area due to a 45 minute wait for outside. We had four kids with us who found it fun to read all the names on the chairs (I assume of dogs...maybe the owners) this kept them busy and made us happy. The staff was very friendly and our server was kind to the kids...if you are a mom you know this is worth a million. The food was VERY average but it is a "pub" style restaurant. Our party tried the pulled pork, salads, fried cod...pretty much each item on the menu, all with the same it's okay reaction. I was told that the blueberry beer was very good! I could see going again for a few drinks and apps but not really dinner.

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

My mom and daughter were in town so we decided to go to ok boys for the first time in about 5 years. Not much has changed. Food is slightly above average but a bit too expensive for what you get. The beer is average for micro brew but better than the big brewery. If you want a micro brew and sandwich it's not a bad choice but don't expect to be overwhelmed.