My friend and I just visited Grand Haven, Mi for the first time. We wanted a waterfront location to stay and this is the best . The Tiki Bar was a lot of fun and we happen to be there with a wedding going on. That was a separate party but still open on the grounds to hear the music.
The Tiki Bar has live music on the weekends and I believe during the week. The pool and all the other amenities are fabulous and was kept very clean.
The upper floor rooms do have balconies, but just enough for two people. That was a bit disappointing because it was pretty small even for two.
Rooms are adequate for a couple nites and the beds were very comfortable. I loved them.
I really have no complaints about this place.
A couple negatives are you do have to drive to the beach, but literally only 5mins away. The downtown Grand Haven area is very quaint and not very big. Do not waste you time on the
light show which is every nite. Not worth 20mins. of your time.
The town is really nice and there are bike rentals, so you can take a ride on the pier which is
2.5miles to the end by the lighthouse and then back. The beach is really nice and comparable to
Silver Lake in St. Joes. The highlights of this area are the pier and the waterfront outdoor eating places. Number one is at the end of the beach called Bil-Mar. Great location on the beach to watch the sunrise. Just awesome. Another one is the Snub Harbor, beautiful location and wonderful staff and food.
Got off track here about the hotel, but this is still about the stayand area.
One more negative comment regarding the hotel. We were not happy regarding housekeeping.
Our room very never cleaned up until late in the day. The story was, they were very busy, which may have been true, but this was for 3 days we were there.
Overall, this is a great place and I recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now featuring all smoke free hotel rooms and brand new bedding! Start your day on the banks of the Grand River. Relax and play in the sun at Lake Michigan beaches and spend an amazing night at the Grand Haven Waterfront Holiday Inn. Located just 2 miles from Lake Michigan beaches and directly on the Grand River, the Grand Haven Waterfront Holiday Inn is your best choice in West Michigan. You ll find the things that are most important to you whether you're here for business or pleasure. Discover the convenience and refreshing experience of the only full service property in the Grand Haven area. Feel your troubles melt away as you relax in our indoor pool or heated outdoor pool. Play a round of 18 at nearby Grand Haven Golf Club. Slip away for a quiet dinner at our award winning restaurant Jack's. Enjoy our nightly happy hour in Jack s Lounge. Sip our signature Rum Runner as you watch the sunset at our outdoor Tiki Bar. Have your morning coffee while strolling along our docks. Traveling on business? Your business is our pleasure. When it's time to get connected, our complimentary WiFi access is waiting for you. Polish that presentation at our business center and we even have the right place for your professional meeting. The Grand Haven Waterfront Holiday Inn is a favorite for business and leisure visitors to the Grand Haven area and we want to become your favorite too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake Hotel Spring Lake
- Holiday Inn Spring Lake
- Spring Lake Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake Michigan