I have visited this location's lounge before but have never stayed in the hotel overnight. I will not do so again. Myself and two friends booked a room for NYE and enjoyed the band in the ballroom. The first problem came when we booked a ground floor room specifically and it was not available to us at check-in. Next, we booked a two bed room and when we arrived, they were two full-sized beds - this was mostly on me for not checking that but I didn't even know that any chain hotels still had full-size beds. We could not get a roll-away due to the fire code. The room otherwise was acceptable other than the location for the coffee service was tucked under the nightstand between the two beds.
The elevators are another story. They are very short in depth and it's very difficult to maneuver the luggage cart around the short corner to fit it in and with no extra people.
Our package came with 2 breakfasts which equated to $20 off the bill (the buffet was $9.99 per person). The meal was little more than a continental breakfast. The eggs were cold, the muffins and danish were dry, and the french-toast sticks were tough. I was evident most items came from a can or freezer from a local food-service grocery. On top of that, they nailed us with $2.25 ea for coffee or tea! They did not, however, charge us extra for orange juice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now featuring all smoke free hotel rooms and brand new bedding! Start your day on the banks of the Grand River. Relax and play in the sun at Lake Michigan beaches and spend an amazing night at the Grand Haven Waterfront Holiday Inn. Located just 2 miles from Lake Michigan beaches and directly on the Grand River, the Grand Haven Waterfront Holiday Inn is your best choice in West Michigan. You ll find the things that are most important to you whether you're here for business or pleasure. Discover the convenience and refreshing experience of the only full service property in the Grand Haven area. Feel your troubles melt away as you relax in our indoor pool or heated outdoor pool. Play a round of 18 at nearby Grand Haven Golf Club. Slip away for a quiet dinner at our award winning restaurant Jack's. Enjoy our nightly happy hour in Jack s Lounge. Sip our signature Rum Runner as you watch the sunset at our outdoor Tiki Bar. Have your morning coffee while strolling along our docks. Traveling on business? Your business is our pleasure. When it's time to get connected, our complimentary WiFi access is waiting for you. Polish that presentation at our business center and we even have the right place for your professional meeting. The Grand Haven Waterfront Holiday Inn is a favorite for business and leisure visitors to the Grand Haven area and we want to become your favorite too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake Hotel Spring Lake
- Holiday Inn Spring Lake
- Spring Lake Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake Michigan