“Lovely location; clean facilities”

Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We will stay here again because of the clean facilities and beautiful location off of Spring Lake. The negative is that the rooms are small and the staff incredibly uninformed about area amenities. There is a very lovely, indoor swimming pool and beautiful dock right outside the hotel. The little town with coffee shop, diner and bookstore made a wonderful start to a fantastic weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank MississippiMomOfive
HolidayInnGHSL, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our charming waterfront property is located on the Grand River next to the Holiday Isle Marina providing a unique view and experience! I do apologize that the staff seemed uniformed about the area amenities. I will be sure to speak with each department to ensure we do not run into this issue again. We truly hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I were here for a week on business. This is one of the nicer Holiday Inn's we have stayed in. The room was very neat and clean. The hotel staff was GREAT. Jerri was on duty when we checked in and was extremely helpful and pleasant. She was always quick with a smile and ready for any questions throughout our stay. We will definitely stay here again !!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharon J

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your kind comments along to Jeri at our front desk! We truly hope that you will visit us again soon this summer!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Room was clean. Location is beautiful. Staff was very friendly. The third shift people were especially attentive and Carmen was a complete sweetheart! Had drinks in the lounge. Very nice atmosphere. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lionsfan21
HolidayInnGHSL, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your time spent with us. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our front desk staff! We truly hope you are able to stay with us again soon so you can enjoy the outdoor deck and Tiki Bar!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This property is in a decent spot, on a small body of water adjacent to Lake Michigan. There are two pools, one indoor and one outdoor. There are nice outdoor facilities including a lawn right on the water, docks and what appeared to be a cabana/bar, lots of deck chairs & picnic tables. Unfortunately, we visited in April during the cold rainy season.
When I looked up the hotel on TripAdvisor prior to our stay it mentioned a special that included b'fast for two at their restaurant. When we checked in I was surprised by the nightly rate for the off season ($135 for a lake/river view - not Lake Michigan!). So, I asked about specials and the gal said that was the best rate. I asked about b'fast and she said "no, we don't do that". The hotel was very empty so we were surprised at the situation. Every other hotel we stayed at on our vacation offered great off-season rates and most included b'fast.
We were exhausted from driving and just decided to stay. The lobby has been updated to reflect the standard Holiday Inn but the rooms are definitely dated. Our "water view" was a 5' sliding glass door out to a VERY narrow balcony. From inside the room (again off-season rain storm and 40 degrees) you could only see out if you sat in the desk chair right by the sliding glass door, there were no windows or view from the bed or rest of the room. And, the slider doors are old and loose, so the rattled in the wind all night.
I imagine this could be a pleasant stay in the summer for this rate. Unfortunately, the lack of customer service and flex for off season isn't doing Michigan any favors in its struggling economy. Very frustrating that they wouldn't honor the breakfast for two.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Ma S

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. I sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay with us. I understand your time is valuable and that you deserve a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I have spoken directly with our front desk and maintenance staff to ensure that these issues do not arise again. We do have a rate that includes breakfast for two for just an additional $10 and I apologize that this wasn’t offered to you at the time you asked. We do try to remain competitive with our rates and believe our pricing is very comparable to other hotels in the area. We are the only full-service property on the waterfront with charming amenities including our indoor pool and hot tub, updated game room, and excellent dining and entertainment in Jack’s Bistro and Bar.

It is our goal to consistently provide world class service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

First of all, the staff at this property gives superb service. I had interaction with 4 of them and it's clear they truly care about their guests and the property. They were very helpful with directions and restaurant choices and suggestions on how to feed our Netflix in. The check in process was 30 seconds -efficient and painless. We had a first floor room. I was glad the bar right outside our window wasn't open for the summer yet. I would not want to stay in room 110 when that place is busy. Our room was a nice size with 2 double beds. Squeaky clean. We used the pool and hot tub and that was really nice as well. It was Sunday night, so we were the only family using it. Pretty location. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms that back up to the outside bar. Even though we were first floor it was &q...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank debntodd

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us. We strive to provide world class service at our hotel, and I am glad to hear you were treated as such. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff! While our first floor pool side rooms are conveniently located close to the outdoor pool and Tiki Bar, they do both close at 11pm on the weekends during the summer to be respectful of our guests who are staying in those rooms. We also make a conscious effort at the front desk to let our guests know if there will be any kind of noise so we can assign them to an appropriate room. We thank you again for your comments, and truly hope you are able to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

In town for business this hotel was centrally located to everything. An easy drive to the attractions in Grand Haven. The room was clean and inviting. The indoor pool was lovely and very clean. I ate at Jack's on my arrival night. The food was very good and the service was outstanding. One night I couldn't get my TV to work, called the front desk and the maintenance guy arrived 3 minutes later. He reset the TV and it worked fine. He was also very nice. Overall a great safe place to stay as a solo traveler and I would definitely consider taking my whole family back for a weekend in the summer!

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the issues that occurred with your television, but glad that we were able to fix them in a timely manner. We truly hope that you will visit us again soon this summer! We can’t wait for the warmer weather so we can open the outdoor pool, Tiki Bar, and Deck!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I recently stayed here and every aspect of my stay was top notch. The check-in was quick, easy and the front desk staff was extremely hospitable. The rooms were clean and the restaurant on the property called Jack's served great food. It was very close to the location where I was doing training in Spring Lake. It was my first time here, but when I come back to the area this will be my 'go to' hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PizzaTripper
HolidayInnGHSL, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your time spent with us. Our charming Waterfront property is conveniently located in Spring Lake less than 2 miles away from Lake Michigan and the Grand Haven State Park. Our award winning restaurant, Jack’s, is located on the Grand River providing a fantastic view to enjoy while having breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We truly hope you are able to stay with us again soon – we are looking forward to when all of the snow has melted away and you can enjoy the outdoor pool and Tiki Bar!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spring Lake
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Haven
Holiday Inn Express Holland
5 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores

Been to Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake? Share your experiences!