“Had a great stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spring Lake
Grand Rapids
“Had a great stay!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We just wanted to "get away" and do something during spring break. We always love visiting the lakeshore so decided to spend a night in the Grand Haven area. I chose to book this hotel because they allowed dogs and we just couldn't leave our little chihuahua at home. I was very impressed with this hotel from the moment I walked in. The staff was nice, the rooms were very clean, the location was great and the breakfast was awesome! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnGHSL, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are happy to welcome the four legged friends at our hotel as we understand they are part of the family and love to travel with you! Our charming property is your “one stop shop” for all of your needs! Our plethora of amenities includes Jack’s restaurant and bar, the perfect spot to sit on the water, our indoor and outdoor pool area, out beautiful waterfront views and more. We truly hope you are able to visit us again soon!

Warm Regards,
Emily Moore, Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my third or fourth to this hotel. I do not really travel much but I do I visit the Spring Lake/Muskegon area for business once in a while and I always stay at the Holiday Inn. During my previous visit, the bar area was under renovation, so I was very impressed with the new bar. The staff was friendly and helpful like always. The hotel looked busy even though it was a weekday. My time at the hotel was limited as I was out for most of the day but I did eat dinner there. The menu was different and I really liked the choices. The food was tasty and the service was excellent. I highly recommend taking a walk or a bike ride if time permits. The area around is very beautiful with the marina and bike paths. This year, I should definitely come back as a tourist!

Room Tip: I stayed in a nice room with a pool view but I bet the water view rooms have a great view. If I was...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Savvytraveler11_11
HolidayInnGHSL, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are so proud of the newly renovated bar and restaurant and we are glad to hear that you were impressed by them! We truly hope you will visit us again soon – this time as a tourist so you have time to enjoy all the different amenities the hotel and area have to offer!

Warm Regards,
midland, mi
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here on a couple different occasions without disappointment. Recently was in town for a wedding. We used the pool, tiki bar, bar and restaurant. We hosted the rehearsal dinner at the restaurant and had them cater. Food was excellent. Service good as well. Place has an indoor pool and hot tub and also an outdoor pool area. Both with many seats/loungers. Outdoor tiki bar is cool, with many seats and access to the pool area for drinks. Hotel room is decent, bed comfortable etc. Sunday brunch is excellent. Staff was friendly, say hi to Rob at the Tiki Bar! You're within minutes from Grand Haven as well. This place is on the river, so there's some nice boats docked here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank roger3116
HolidayInnGHSL, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We wanted to thank you again for hosting your event at our facilities, and are so glad to hear that you and your guests enjoyed our world class service. Our charming property, located on the Grand River, provides a relaxing environment for you to sit, relax, and enjoy some drinks from our Tiki Bar while lounging by our outdoor pool! We appreciate you leaving your kind comments, and hope to see you again in the future!

Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel looks like it's been recently updated and it has a fresh new feel. Everyone there was very friendly from the Front Desk to the housekeepers you past in the hallways.

The Tiki Bar outside caters to the local boaters but they make you feel welcome as anyone. Try the Rum Bombers - they're aptly named.

Suffice it to say that the work they did since our last stay was worth it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Our newly renovated property has made our hotel fresh and charming. Our outdoor Tiki Bar is quite a popular spot in the summer catering to our guests and local boaters and providing an excellent environment for you to sit and relax by the waterfront. Our signature drink, the Rum Bomber, is famous not only in our summer season, but our winter as well! We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us your comments and hope to see you again soon!

Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a few times - the front desk staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable. We like that is has a restaurant, inside bar, outdoor tiki bar and patio overlooking the river. Very close to Grand Haven!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Rachelle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us so far! Our full service property has so much to offer including our award winning restaurant, Jack’s Bistro and Bar, outdoor Tiki Bar, our indoor and outdoor heated pools, and newly renovated rooms that overlook the Grand River. We love our property, and it is so nice to hear that our guests do too! We thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments and hope to see you again in the future!

Hazel Park, Michigan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

During a recent trip to the Grand Haven area I once again had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake. This hotel never disappoints and I recommend it to everyone I know heading to the area. You can't beat the service, beautiful location and views, spectacular renovations, and delicious food. Thank you again to the highly professional and always friendly staff. :)

Room Tip: Pool/river views are wonderful!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Beth,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us again! We truly appreciate your loyalty with us! I will be sure to pass your comments along to our staff, I know they are always happy to hear when we have our loyal guests return and have an excellent stay. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was very impressed with the whole experience. The room was very neat and clean. The staff was top notch. Had a chance to meet the general manager April Schmidt, I was very impressed with her professionalism. She was very helpful in pointing out different places to go outside of the hotel. She assured me if I needed anything her staff would be ready to help in any way.
The food was excellent. Jack's was very nice, the live entertainment was great. I didn't use the pool facilities but both the inside and outside areas were very nice and clean. This will be a place that I will return to. Because next time I'm treating myself to the spa!

Jeanne Knight

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jeanne k
HolidayInnGHSL, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us! I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our General Manager, April Schmidt. I truly hope you are able to visit us again soon so you can treat yourself to the indoor spa, and relax while watching the boats sail by on the Grand River!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spring Lake
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#3 of 6 in Grand Haven

Been to Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake? Share your experiences!